Not stupid

A/N: This is a fallow up chapter to Psparkle022 Conner and Amanda's one shot spanking story. it take place a week after the events in that story I would also like to say thanks to her for doing that and taking the time to make sure that the two characters personality matched the ones in my story. Any way on to the story.

Amanda couldn't understand it as she replayed the events of last week in her head. "There had to be more to his meltdown then just losing one game of battleship." She said to herself. Conner was not stupid and they both knew it. She had told Conner numerous times how proud both his mother and her were of how much his grades improved. The boy went from F's and D's to A's and B's he got a C- on a spelling test but Amanda had met that teacher and in her opinion he was not suited to teach such young children. He was more suited for high school or collage students. As a mater of fact Amanda had questioned the level of difficulty of the spelling test.

How in the hell could some one expect a 4 year old to spell a word like  hypothermia when they pronounced it "hyperimia?"  Beyond that did another kid tell Conner he was stupid or worse an adult? After debating with herself weather she could confront Conner about the tantrum last week she decided to see what caused the explosion. The hard part would be getting Conner to admit that something was bothering him despite how close they were when it came to talking about his emotions Conner was not a talker. He was however still 4 and probably didn't fully understand why he exploded ether. One way or another Amanda needed to figure out soon and make sure it never happened at school or day care. She looked up as Katja who was helping her came down. "What's up?" She asked the blond singer sighed " it's Conner. He hasn't eaten breakfast or launch." Amanda got up and walked up the stairs fallowed by Katja. Amanda stopped outside about to knock when she heard the faint sound of sobbing.

"Is he okay?" Katja asked Amanda shook her head looking down then Katja asked what he was doing? Amanda looked up a look of sadness on her face. "Listen for yourself." She said softly. Katja heard the sobbing as well. She turned to see Her friend sink to the floor a look of sadness came across her face as tears filled her eyes.
"Amanda he needs you." Katja said quietly sitting next to her friend. Amanda looked up at katja and wiped the tears away.
"I know." She said getting to her feet she knocked on the door. No reply she opened it and walked in to see tears running down the child's face holding a stuffed monkey. "Conner buddy look at me, why are you crying?" She asked sitting next to him. "I still stupid." Was his reply pointing to his homework that had an F on it. Amanda shook her head lifting him up "No baby, your not stupid." She said running her fingers through his hair. The boy didn't look convinced so Amanda tenderly asked him to look at her.

"Conner, sweetie this does not make you stupid just like losing the game last week didn't make you stupid. It just means you have to try harder." She said embracing the little boy in a hug. "Now how about a snack you must be hungry." Amanda stated standing up Conner nodded and ran down the stairs "Conner, be careful!" She called as she walked out of the room. Amanda smiled at katja as the two walked down stairs. After Amanda gave Conner a snack she took out her camera and started to Vlog. She talking about Conner some more and once more spent almost the whole Vlog just spent on the two of them. Katja recorded the whole thing until she had to leave.

Amanda set the camera down still recording. Then walked over to the sofa she figured maybe since he was calmer she could talk to him.
"Conner I want to talk about last week." She said gently sitting down next to him. "Mandy I said sorry." He said whining "I know your sorry buddy now come here." With that said Amanda picked the child up and sat him on her lap. "Now we both know that little tantrum of yours was a bit much for losing one game." Amanda started her voice gentle and soothing the boy nodded. "So my question is why did you get so upset?" Amanda asked gently. Conner shook his head saying he didn't know. Amanda sighed she expected that he was only four after all. "Okay but Conner If something is upsetting you talk to me next time, remember use your words buddy." Conner nodded saying he would. "Good boy, now go play while I clean. Conner hugged her and went to play outside.

----
After  dinner Conner and Amanda talked more and she helped him with his home work. Later after Amanda got all the footage she needed she put it down and told him to get ready for bed. "No, more play!" He demanded Amanda could tell from the look on his face he was going to rebel if she said no. So she got down to his level and locked eyes with him. "Conner we played all day now it's time for bed. " She said gently but firmly lifting the boy up and carried him up stairs. "Besides you didn't have a nap today." She added softly The boy grumbled but didn't fight back at all. As she entered the room she noticed he had fallen asleep in her arms. Smiling she laid him down and got him changed into some pajamas. After turning off the lights she got in bed next to him and placed a kiss on his forehead she then closed her eyes and went to sleep herself.