Gaining control

It was around 5:30 AM when Amanda felt something shake her fallowed by a voice saying "Mandy, Mandy wake up."  Amanda opened her eyes to see the little boy he had gotten out of bed she smiled and picked him up placing him on the bed beside her as she had done with other kids she babysat that was when they had nightmares though this time she just figured instead of walking him back to bed she'd just let him stay in hers.
"its not time to wake up," She said sweetly.

"I'm up."
"Well you shouldn't be. its 5:30 in the morning."
The YouTuber would have put her young charge back to bed, but it was close to the time she normally got up. She decided to let him stay as long as he went back to sleep. She pulled the covers over them. "We have to get up soon to get breakfast but you can stay and cuddle for a bit." The bruenette  said as she ran her fingers through his hair  the previous day she had grown so fond of this boy as if he were her own. "Mandy?" He asked Amanda smiled down at the boy.

"What is it Con?" She asked as she looked in the boys eyes she could see hurt and fear as well as the want for someone to love him, to hold him and tell him everything was alright. She kissed his forehead as he said "I'm sorry for being bad." Amanda gently moved a strand of hair off his face and said she knew and that he was forgiven. After that she gave him another  lecture about why it is wrong
To hit and how he should use his words not his fists. She then got up to make breakfast. At around 9:15 Katja came over. They spent time talking and Amanda vlogged for a bit. After shutting the camera off Katja looked at Amanda. "What's wrong?" The blonde asked Amanda had been biting her lower lip one of many signs something was on her mind. "It's Conner," she said with a sigh "aw is he being a Denis the Menes type of child." The blonde asked Amanda gave a small smile.

"Well that's part true yesterday he was so well behaved until he had to go to bed, after I caught him in the halls and let me tell you the kid is really fast. He started throwing a tantrum, he kicked me saying he wouldn't fallow my rules that he already had so many at daycare I saw a note his mother had gotten about him at school he was suspended last week for disrupting class." Katja smiled and said that it sounded just like a child testing an adult. "That's the thing Katja, I don't think his mom enforces the rules she sets and she's always working and seeing as he told me the other sitters he's had just check on him once and a while and never talk to him. It seems that I'm the first person to actually willing to show him that actions have consequences." Amanda then gave a recap of the last nights events. Katja moved closer to Amanda asking if he seemed physically and mentally cared for.

  "Well, yeah, pretty much. I mean, I think what he gets at daycare or at school is the best stuff he eats. At least, that's when he probably eats most often. And, all his cloths fit. His mom didn't say anything about mental illness. So, he's fine both physically and mentally. It's just that attitude," Amanda said with a hint of disgust, making her hands form half fists. "Katja, I know I don't have to do everything. But, this boy needs help. And, I'm going to try to do that." Katja smiled saying they should call the daycare together. "Maybe they know something we don't."
The two friends hugged

"Thanks." Amanda was really glad to have such a wonderful, supportive friend.

Conner thought Katja seemed really nice. However, he continued to have a great distaste for most rules. The frustrating part to him was, Amanda was so consistent at enforcing them, as were the teachers at school.

He continued to try to fight them, especially when it came to timeout. If a teacher or PA removed recess privileges, which happened often, there didn't seem to be a way around that. But, he needed to be held down by Amanda at home a time or too, until he cooled off.