Talk between moms

It was around nine am on Wednesday that Amanda got a call from Conner's mother. There was no problem with Conner but she wanted to talk to Amanda in person. Amanda had to wonder what she wanted was she getting fired, were they moving? These questions and many more were rushing through her mind as she pulled in to the driveway. The YouTuber took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

Conner's mother opened the door and greeted Amanda as the two sat down in the living room Amanda smiled "I hope everything's okay with Conner I haven't been getting calls from the school or daycare."she stated Conner's mother smiled back "yes Conner's been doing much better and he's not in trouble ether." Amanda let out a breath she'd been holding in. "Amanda what I'm about to ask you might be overwhelming but my son adores you." Amanda wasn't sure we're this was going but if she could help she would. Conner's mom took her silence as a sign to continue.

"Amanda I want you to share guardianship of my son." Amanda was speechless for a moment she loved Conner like a son every moment she shared with him both on and off camera was cherished. "Do you mean like...like a second mom?" She asked Conner's mother nodded. "To him it will seem that way but I'd call it being a Nanny." She took a sip of coffee before continuing, "Amanda I love my son and try to show him as often as I can that I love him but you somewhat taken my place. While he knows I love him and respects my rules when I'm around that is not the only role a mother has."

"I don't understand." Amanda said confused. The older woman looked at her and gave a gentle smile. "While I have been supporting my son financially you've been providing for him emotionally. A mother his supposed to comfort there child, encouraged them to push forward, and to assure them no matter how much they screw up they will always be loved. You have done all those things and much more." Amanda tried to say that it wasn't a big deal and that most times Conner was a joy to be around.

"Amanda please I... I know Conner sees you as a second mother and the way you look at and treat him tells me you also see him as a son." The two woman smiled at each other "look M's. Burke both Conner and I know you love him very much but at the same time I think that Conner knows which one of us will reinforce rules that are set he knows challenging me will have a negative outcome. He also knows he can come to me to for idea's and if there good I'll support them, did you know he's very creative?" Conner's mom nodded "Like a little Picasso." She said softly Amanda nodded "so are you interested in my offer?" Amanda nodded "then I'll tell Conner his new big sister or mommy number two will see him in the morning."

Amanda smiled and left Conner would be so happy.