The Plan

Nico's P.O.V.

'Are you kidding me?' I breathed in disbelief. We were hiding outside the large warehouse that Greyback had comandeered for his headquaters. Sally Jackson was in there somewhere, along with Hades knew how many death eaters.

'Run me through the plan again mate?' I turned to Harry who took a deep breath and looked like he was having second thoughts. This did not exactly boost me with confidence.

'Percy and Skye go in under the invisibility cloak then use this two way mirror to tell us where Sally is and how many gaurds she's under. When we know this, you will summon up some dead zombie soldiers which will distract the death eaters, who will be unable to defeat them as they don't have access to any stygian iron. Whilst they are fighting them, we will sneak in as quietly as possible and secure Sally's safety. We will then get Sally as far away as possible from here. Ginny has agreed to apparate her to the Burrow, where she will be well looked after. We will then find Greyback and attempt to capture him along with the rest of the Death Eaters. We will not aim to kill, we will not stoop to their level, unless,' and here his voice became cold, 'unless you have no other choice and it a situation of kill or be killed.'

'Lets just hope it doesn't come to that,' I said quietly. 'Whilst I am summoning and controlling the spirits I will be unable to protect myself due to the amount of energy it takes. I will need someone to protect me.'

'That will be Ron.' Harry replied. I glanced across to the red head, who caught my eye and nodded, looking unusually serious.

'Is everyone ready?' Harry called to the group. They all walked over nodding.

'Then good luck and be careful,' he said solemnly, handing the invisibility cloak over to Skye. My heart ached to watch her go into such a dangerous situation with so little protection.

Percy glanced at me and I understood what he was trying to say; he would protect her with his life.

'Thank you' I mouthed back to him and he smiled briefly. Then they were gone as Skye swept the cloak over them both.

We all turned towards the mirror and began waiting for any sign that they had reached Sally. Ron was tapping his wand against his leg, occasionally shooting out red and gold sparks in his angst. Harry was pacing up and down fretfully and Ginny waas watching him with an intense expression. Hermione was holding the mirror so hard that her fingers had turned white and was staring at it without blinking. Annabeth was sitting against a wall, eyes squeezed shut, mouth moving silently as she ran over the plan. I turned away from them, trying not to show how nervous I was, but my stomach had clenched into a tight ball and I felt sick. Never had I been so tense on a quest before, but the last few lines of the prophecy were ringng in my ears: And here Hades' heir must face his fear, as he takes his final breath, to be lost or saved by the arms of death.

It sounded like I was going to die and I was scared.

Skye's P.O.V.

We crept silently through the dingy warehouses. It was made up of three rooms; a main chamber with two smaller rooms off to each side. Most of the Death Eaters were milling around in the main chamber. They looked angry and discontent, they obviously did not believe that Greybacks plan to kill Harry was going to work. I looked to the end of the room and what I saw made me feel sick with anger. Greyback was lounging in a throne-like chair made of dark stone. In front of him was a group of small children, muggles by the looks of absolute terror on their faces. Greyback was leering at them and I realised that it must almost be the full moon. Damn, we should have checked the state of the moon during our planning.

Tearing myself away from the children I pressed on. Remember the plan, we had to find Sally, we could save the children later. Feeling disgusted with myself I led Percy across the room and I heard a Death Eater grunt, 'You better go check on the prisoner Parkinson.'

The other man snorted in agreement and I turned to Percy, silently gesturing at him to follow the man. Percy nodded, a determined glint in his eye, and we followed Parkinson through the door on the right into an even grimier, danker room. There in the corner, in a large metal cage, was my mother.

Percy's P.O.V.

I stared at mom. she was thin, unheathily thin and tear tracks were visible in the dirt that she had not bothered to wipe from her cheeks. She looked sick and she coughed raspily. My hands clenched into fists as the Death Eather pulled a mouldy apple from his cloak, throwing it into the filth that covered the floor of my mother's cage, growling at her to eat. I so desperately wanted to pull off the cloak and attack him with Riptide, but Skye's warning hand on my arm reminded me that we had to stick to the plan.

Even if Riptide couldn't kill this monster it could definately work as a club. Wizards were just enough of a mix of mortal and something else for the celestial bronze not to pass throught their bodies but just able to cause pain and not kill. We had tested this on Ron, much to his discomfort.

We waited until the Death Eater had left the room until we pulled off the cloak. I ran to my mother whilst Skye pulled out the mirror and contacted Harry. I used Riptide to break the lock on the cage and pulled mom out of the filth and into my arms, holding her tightly as she sobbed onto my shoulder.

Hermione's P.O.V.

'Harry,' I screamed as the mirror lit up to show Skye's face. Everyone hurried over so they could see Skye and hear what was going on. When Skye spoke her voice shook with disgust and barely controlled anger, but also fear.

'We found her, we're in the room to the right of the main chamber. Harry, Greyback and the majority of the death eaters are in the main chamber and he..he's got muggle children with him. I...I think it's the full moon tonight.'

I moaned and  Annabeth cursed in ancient greek. 'Bloody hell' mumbled Ron and I heard Ginny whimper.

'We need to make rescuing those children a priority,' I heard Nico say.

'I agree, and we need to get this done before nightfall,' Harry added. 'The last thing we need is for Greyback to be at his strongest when we are trying to defeat him.'

I couldn't stop myself from shivering. Now not only were more innocent lives at stake, this time children, but we only had until nightfall to save them. I checked my watch, it was already 9 o'clock and as it was winter it would be completely dark by ten. We had less than an hour until the full moon rose.