Stinkbombs and Iris

(Skye's P.O.V.)

It was a few days after the Hogsmead trip and I was stretching out infront of the common room fire. It was the begining of November and the weather was lethal. Biting winds gushed through the cracks in the walls, chilling everyone to the bone. At least Slughorn kept the dungeons warmer than Snape used to.

Harry and Ron and now Percy were behind on homework as usual, and, having finished our work, it was taking all of Mine, Hermione and Annabeth's willpower to stop ourselves from helping them. Finally Annabeth caved in to her boyfriend and snatched his parchment. She disappeared behind it, scratching things out and correcting bits here and there. Percy, evidently pleased with himself, smirked over at Ron and Harry, who were still struggling to write more than a few sentences on the correct use of boomslang skin in an awakening draught. I saw Hermione's hand twitch and realised that she was beginning to cave.

'Nyeeooooo' I yelled, making Harry jump so that his quill made a large black mark over his essay.

'What?!' yelled Ron, irritated by my yelling and the fact that he had been relying on his girlfriend to finish his homework for him.

'Don't you dare help him' I warned Hermione, pointing at Ron, who scowled at me.

'But Skye' moaned Hermione. 'If I don't we'll be here all night and I would feel bad leaving him here on his own.'

'But he would have Harry to keep him company' I said giggling, whilst the boys scowled and Percy laughed out loud at them.

'Here you go' Annabeth said, handing Percy his finished essay. 'Right, I'm off to bed' she added, stretching.

'Me too' said Percy, grinning as he followed her to the dormitories.

'Oh fine' I sighed, giving in to Hermione's pleading gaze. Smiling she grabbed Ron's essay and I grabbed Harry's. We sped through, correcting and finishing them and we were done in ten minutes.

Just as we finished, Ginny climbed through the portrait hole. 'Where've you been?' Harry asked concernedly, hugging her tightly.

'Someone put a stinkbomb under Trelawny's chair during dinner and I was blamed, even though it couldn't possibly have been me, as I was in the Owlry, talking to Luna' she growled angrily. 'I've just ot out of detention, where Slughorn made me sort through a barrel of frogs, separating the horned toads from the normal ones. It was disgusting.'

I glanced at Ron who, contrary to looking angry like I had expected, appeared to feel rather guilty. Suddenly I realised and face-palmed. 'What is it?' Harry asked curiously.

'Oh, nothing' I replied quickly, glancing at Ron. I quickly handed Harry back his essay and he, Ginny and Hermion headed off to bed. When they had gone I turned to Ron, hands on hips with one eyebrow raised.

'Seriously Ron, stinkbombs?' I chuckled.

'Sorry I was bored. Thanks for saving me back there. Ginny would have set her bat-bogey hex on me for sure.'

I laughed, wished him goodnight and went off to bed. As I crawled under the covers, I felt a vague sense of unease but brushed it off. I was probably just tired.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Next morning, I sat at the Gryffindor table with the others and ate breakfast like normal, but I just couldn't shake off the strange feeling of foreboding in my gut. I stood up, intending to head off early to DADA, but before I could, there was a loud yell from Ron.

'What is that?' he yelled, pointing towards a shimmering patch of mist. It looked like a TV screen, and inside it stood a centaur.

(Percy's P.O.V.)

I heard Ron's yell and looked up. I gasped as I saw the Iris message. If Chiron was contacting me from camp, it couldn't mean anything good.

'Chiron, what is it?' I asked cautiously, as Annabeth gripped my arm tightly. I could tell how worried she was so I tried to stay calm.

'Now Percy, don't panic' Chiron began, but as soon as he said that I started to freak out. 'Skye, Percy, I have something of the utmost urgency to tell you. Sally Jackson has been kidnapped.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Dear Readers, We have reached the 14,000 reads mark! I am so sorry that I didn't upload earlier and for the shortness of this chapter, but I thought this was a good point to leave it at and I willl try and uplaod as soon as possible. Remember to vote and comment and thank you so much for keeping reading. :) tibi gratias ago (which means I give thanks to you in latin :D)