Chapter 14.

Dear Laurie,

I don't know how much longer I can do this. It just hurts so bad.

Love,

Ellie.

~~~

"So what have you been doing lately, Eleanor?" my mom asked me while I was occupying myself with sitting and staring at the tv to some stupid show. What was I even watching?

"Nothing," I mumbled. (I'd given in and started giving her short replies to her questions.) It was true. If I wasn't talking to Alex I was sitting in my room listening to music and missing Calum or Laurie. Usually both.

She sat on the couch across from me. "You know I love you right?"

I just nodded slightly, because honestly I didn't know. It seemed like she didn't love me or she would see how miserable I was.

"You know I'm happy that you finally came to your senses and broke up with Calum right?" she asked. "All I want is the best for you."

I didn't reply. I just stared at the tv in front of me. It wasn't the best for me. Sure, Calum was a bit dangerous but I was in love with every little thing about him, and I was so happy with him. He brought my happiness back.

She walked up to me and kissed my forehead before she left the room, leaving me staring at the tv again.

3 tv shows later, my dad walked into the room and sat on the couch next to me. "What are you watching?"

"Um... Apparently Girl Code... Whatever that is," I mumbled.

My dad sighed. "It's still about Calum isn't it?"

I didn't reply.

"I know it's been like what... A month now?" he asked.

I nodded slightly. 36 days, to be exact.

"I know it's been a month since you broke up but I can see how much you miss him," he said quietly, resting a hand on my shoulder. "And I think you should go make things right with him."

"But mom--"

"Don't worry about your mom. She's going to realize sooner or later what you guys have. It's something special, and she's denying that it's the same thing she and I had." 

"But what if she kicks me out of the house?" I asked quietly.

"She won't," he said quietly. "She's your mom, she wouldn't do that. And even if she tried, it's my house too. And I have a say in it too."

I reached and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "I don't even know where he would be."

"You'll never find out if you never look," he shrugged.

~~~

The next few days I spent walking around downtown looking for Calum. My dad was right, there was something special we had. It'd been over a month and it still hurt as bad as the first day.

Finally, on the fourth day of walking around, as I was getting tired of looking and not finding him, I decided I was going to walk towards the music that I heard coming from about a block away.

As I walked down the sidewalk, I realized that after a couple weeks Calum had given up on calling me. I never replied to any of his calls or his texts asking if we could talk things through. And now I felt like shit for not letting him.

The music got louder as I got closer and when I turned the corner, on the opposite side of the street was a band playing. There was a blonde haired boy playing guitar in the front, a boy with green hair playing guitar next to him and a boy with curly caramel colored hair playing a Cajon drum as well. My heart stopped when I saw Calum sitting next to the boy on the drum playing guitar, singing into a microphone with that sweet, angelic voice he'd sang to me while we sat in that meadow.