Chapter 7.

Dear Laurie,

Calum is taking me to this family wedding with him today and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I told dad about it last night, who passed the information on to mom seeing as I'm not talking to her anymore. Dad was completely okay with it but mom had other ideas. She almost didn't let me go but since I'd already bought the dress for it and dad was on my side, he finally convinced her.

I'm a bit nervous too. I haven't even met Calum's parents and weddings usually hold a ton of drama and I don't think I'm ready for it. I guess we'll see how it goes.

I know if you were still here you'd do it because you're not afraid of anything. I wish I had that strength.

I still miss you every single day.

Love,

Ellie.

~~~

I walked outside and for the first time, Calum met me at my house and not at the park bench. It was still 9:18 when he pulled into my driveway, which I think he did on purpose. I don't care how cheesy it is, I thought it was sweet.

"You look beautiful, Ellie," Calum smiled as I stepped outside. He was dressed in a light blue button up with a black tie and dress pants and shoes. I felt a bit out of place seeing as I wore my converse.

"Thank you," I said as he took my hand and we walked together out to his car.

"This is going to go completely smooth and we're going to have fun," Calum said after he started his car. "And this is going to be a great opportunity to introduce you to my parents. Don't worry, I already told them you're borderline mute."

I laughed, wondering how his parents would react to that. "Did you tell them that you're the only person I actually talk to besides my dad?"

"I left that part out," he shrugged. "They don't need to know all the details, but they do know not to really expect anything from you as far as speaking goes."

"Well that's relieving," I sighed.

"And I know you feel a bit self conscious about this but trust me, you look beautiful," he said.

"Even with my converse?" I smiled.

"Even with your converse." He laughed.

~~~

The wedding basically consisted of me meeting a ton of people I would probably never see in my entire life, a boring ceremony and an awkward reception with Calum's parents at a table where they did all the talking and Calum answered their questions for me.

As Calum's mom was asking me what I did in high school a very angry looking girl came walking up to the table.

"Joy, will you PLEASE go tell Holly to stop being such a bitch," the girl rolled her eyes, taking a bite of the food she was holding. "She's being an annoying bitch and I don't even want to look at her right now."

"What happened?" Calum's mom asked.

"She thinks she's being cute and everything flirting with MY boyfriend. She's been doing this since we were in high school, stealing my boyfriend everywhere we go!"

"You know there's nothing I can do to stop her," she shook her head.

"Yes there is," she nodded. "She's your cousin, there must be something you can do to stop her from trying to ruin my life."

"This is what I was afraid of," Calum said under his breath, sighing.

"It's okay, really," I said softly to him. "There's always going to be drama at these sort of things."