Team x Reader

Just a warning, this one contains some spoilers for infinity war, so be warned
I know there's probably at least one person who hasn't seen it yet.

I was having a hard time remembering whose idea it was to go to the movies, or who had even picked the movie, but the team and I were packed into the theater to see Infinity War. Being the huge nerd that I am, I can hardly contain the mixture of emotions I’m experiencing during the trailers. I was feeling an odd mixture of excitement, dread, and happiness. I’d been waiting to see this for so long.

As the movie finally started, I reached for the popcorn sitting between Artemis and I. My eyes were glued to the screen, and what I was seeing was not enjoyable. Five minutes in, and a favorite character of mine was already dead.

I nearly screeched, but instead let out a strange noise that only Artemis and Conner could hear. I tried to push down my grief and continued watching.

After what felt like forever, we were finally reaching the end of the movie. I’d abandoned the popcorn long ago, instead focusing intently on the final scene. Tears were welling up in my eyes, and I wasn’t being very discreet with all my sniffling. Even though Arty wasn’t as emotionally attached as I was, she was patting my back to console me.

I could hear Dick’s distressed screeching a few seats over as he watched everyone started to disintegrate. As much as I was crying now, it got a hell of a lot worse. Spider-Man was holding onto Tony, and that was when I totally lost it.

My vision was blurred from crying so hard, and judging by the sniffling coming from all over the theater, it wasn’t just me. The credits were rolling, and I still wasn’t any less emotionally damaged. I made it through the post credit scene, which made me gasp and feel slightly more hopeful.

The team sat in silence as some of us recovered from our sobbing. When everyone was feeling less hurt, we started to head out. As we were walking to the car, I ranted to anyone who would listen.

“Is it possible to sue for emotional trauma?” I asked no one in particular. Conner simply laughed at me. “Seriously, what the actual fuck was that? I was so sure Peter was going to live!”

Dick nodded. “I thought most of the newer characters were going to be safe, but I have never been more wrong before.” He and I started sharing theories. We weren’t ready to accept all the death we’d just witnessed.

“You guys realize they’re all probably okay, right?” Artemis said. “I mean, they are making a Spider-Man 2.”

“Spider-Man: Prom,” Dick joked. “Yeah, but it’s still shit. I didn’t need all this emotion.”

Artemis rolled her eyes and pushed us towards the car.

“All I’m saying is Loki can’t be dead either,” I added in before she made us shut up.