Not Approved

Chapter 24: Not Approved

MID'S POV

It's been days since the Miss Mystic Falls Court. We've stayed at the boarding house since then so Elena can watch over Stefan. The past few days have been a blur, but there is still one moment that has been stuck in my mind.

FLASHBACK

I woke up to a bright light being shined in my face. I quickly bury my eyes in Damon's chest to stop the burning. I felt Damon wrap his arm tighter around me with this movement, making me even more warm then I was before. It felt really nice, he even kissed the top of my head subconsciously. But that's when the door burst open. "Hey guys."Elena says. Me and Damon burst fully awake, sitting up. Elena gets a sudden angry look when she sees us together, but shakes it off. "Come one, time to get up."she says walking out the room. I sigh, trying to remember what happened before I fell asleep. Then it hit me.

Damon told me he loved me. But he thought I was asleep. Oh, boy this is awkward. I clear my throat, getting out of the bed. "I should... go. Get dressed."I say then walk out the room, hearing him mutter an awkward, "Ya."

FLASHBACK OVER

I walked down the cellar to find Elena still looking into the cellar. I sigh, leaning against the wall with my arms crossed over my chest. "It's so hard to see him locked up like this."she says. "Well, you're the one who locked him up."I say a little too bitterly then I intended. Ok, I'm a little cranky. I had to wake up too early this morning. But that is all Elena's fault. She's been making me wake up every morning to watch Stefan while she sleeps. "You helped."she tells Damon, who is standing beside me.

"I couldn't have him running around chewing on people while the town is looking for vampire, now, could I?"Damon says. "It had nothing to do with you actually caring about him?"Elena asks. "Your thing, not mine."he mutters. "Denial."I sing while I walk up the stairs into the parlor. I walk into the parlor to see Damon playing with the item Pearl gave him. "Did you figure out what that is?"I ask. "Nope, whatever it is, it doesn't work."he tells me. I hum in response as I start to grab my bag and keys.

"Pearl didn't say anything else about it?"I hear Elena ask. "She thought she was stealing his vampire compass, but it was a pocket watch. That Johnathan Gilbert was a crazy scientist." Damon says. I throw a shoes at the back of his head. "Ow."he exclaims sarcastically, looking at me. "Don't hate."I say teasingly. He playfully glares at me before walking over. Elena shoots me a disapproving look. I ignore her. "Have any of you spoken to your uncle lately?" he asks while wrapping his arms around my waist from behind, resting his head on my shoulder. Oh god, he's trying to get a rise out of Elena. This should be fun.

"I've been avoiding him actually." she says. "That, and we've been here most nights."I finish. "So you'll be here again tonight?"he asked. "Is that a problem?"I ask. "Yes. Elena's a complete nuisance. You on the other hand..."he trails off, kissing the side of my neck. "...are very welcome here."he says, smirking against my skin. I add a giggle just to make Elena get angrier. "Ok, we'll see you later." she says, pulling my arm and dragging me away from Damon. I smirk to myself as we walk out of the house. "What is Damon to you?"she suddenly asks. "What?"I ask. "You heard me."she says. I scoff. "I don't need to tell you, Mom."I say sarcastically.

"Look, I'm ok with you two being friends, but you can not be anything more."she tells me as we get into the car. "And why is that?" I ask amusingly. "Because he's a player. He'll break your heart, I don't want to see you hurt Mid." she tells me. "Well, that's not your choice to make."I say as we drive off.

~~~~~~~

We get to the house and start to pack somethings up when Elena starts to argue again. "Just call him, please."she begs. "No, you just ask him."I say walking into the bathroom. Since I became Lycan, I haven't been needing tampons anymore, which I'm really happy about. But when I was on my monthly, me and Elena always had it at the same time. So, if I don't take some, she would think I was pregnant or something. I hear her finally calling Damon as I pack some tampons that will not be used at all.