Ditched Date

Chapter 18: Ditched Date

This morning Matt wanted me to help make breakfast for his mom. I quickly dressed and grabbed my keys, walking out to my fixed up black mustang. I got in the car when my phone started to ring. I pulled out my phone to see it was Damon. I hit the big green button. "Hey vampie, what's up?"

"Ha, ha. I was wondering if, after school, you maybe wanted to... hang out at the Grill? Or at my house, or whatever."he asked. I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face.

"Sure, I'll text you when I'm free. I gotta go Damon, see ya."I say and hang up. I start up the car and head to Mattie's. I got there and knocked on the door. "Ya! Come in!"I hear Matt yell. I opened the door and saw him sitting at the table with his mom Kelly. Kelly smiled at me getting up, giving me a hug. "Oh it's good to see you Mid!"she tells me. I fake smile at her, pulling away. "Good to see you too Kelly."I say then head to the fridge. "So, what are you in the mood for this morning?"I ask. "Surprise us."Matt says. I smile to myself before getting the ingredients and heading to the stove. "Well, I have been working on this recipe I created. Be prepared to be blown away."I say, smirking at them.

~~~~~~~~

After the great breakfast, we got to school. I was currently with Elena as Stefan was telling us how Damon was doing.

"Damon hasn't said a word to me. Every time I try to talk to him, he shuts me down."he tells us. "Do you think he's still trying to find Katherine and Nataline?"Elena asks, making me tense a bit. "I don't know. He's waited 145 years, only to find out that they could not care less. I mean, that's gotta hurt, right?"I tell them. "And it coulnd't happen to a nicer guy."she tells us sarcastically. I roll my eyes, walking away not really wanting to hear them talk bad about Damon.

I walked down the hall, when I stopped outside the music room. I saw the piano I used to play to clear my head right in the middle of the room. I walked in, making sure no one was in there, then closed the door behind me. I walked to the piano and sat down on the bench, putting my bag down. I felt the cold keys under my fingertips, giving me a slight shock. I then started to play the first song that comes to mind.

(A/N:The song is Talking To The Moon By: Bruno Mars)

I know you're somewhere out there

Somewhere far away

I want you back

I want you back

My neighbors think I'm crazy

But they don't understand

You're all I had

You're all I had

At night when the stars light up my room

I sit by myself talking to the moon.

Trying to get to you

In hopes you're on the other side, talking to me too.

Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon?

Ohoooo...

I'm feeling like I'm famous

The talk of the town

They say I've gone mad

Yeah, I've gone mad

But they don't know what I know

Cause when the sun goes down

Someone's talking back

Yeah, they're talking back