The Founders Ball (EDITED)

Chapter 5: The Founders Ball

I was sitting on the couch. Drinking coffee and watching TV. I was thinking about Damon trying to kiss me. How could he do that? He was with Caroline. And why did I almost let him? No! He is with Caroline! I'm her best friend and not falling for her boyfriend. Right? Anyway, the supposedly 'animal' that killed all those people including Mr. Tanner, has been caught. Ha! Nice cover story for that! The vampire that covered that must be really stupid.

"Scumball." I hear behind me. "Scumbucket." I turn around to see Jenna looking at the TV.

"Who are you talking to?" Elena asked walking up from behind her.

"Him," she said.

"The news guy?" I ask.

"Also known as Logan Scumfell," she said and I gasped.

"The one you left Mystic Falls because of?" I ask Jenna and she nods.

Jenna dated the asshole a few years back and he broke her heart by cheating on her. She was so heartbroken that she left so she wouldn't see him again. I was probably ten when it happened. I still gave him a good punch in the face for hurting her. I can't believe I didn't recognize him.

"Oh, no way! You and him?" Elena asks astonished.

"He's cute." I laugh at Elena a comment.

"He wasn't so cute after I talked to him that night," I say walking up to them and winked at Jenna and she high fives me. Elena just simply rolled her eyes.

"What are you doing with that?" Jenna asked Elena who was sitting at the table polishing some family heirlooms.

"I went and got it yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom told Mrs. Lockwood that she would loan it to the Founders Council for their heritage display." Elena explained.

"Is that Grandma Beth's wedding ring?" Jenna asks grabbing the ring from inside the box.

"Originally it was great, great, great, grandma Mary's wedding ring," I inform her.

"You were always the nerd in history and antiques," Jenna mutters and I grab an orange from the center of the table and threw it at her. It hit her forehead and I laughed as Jeremy came in.

"How much do you think this stuff is worth, you know like on eBay?" he asks grabbing a pocket watch.

Elena snatches it from him. "You're not going to find out," she said sternly.

"That stuff is Mom and Dad's. You can't just give it away," he states walking to the fridge.

"I'm not giving it away it's called a loan Jeremy," she says and the doorbell rings. I quickly run to the door to see Stefan there.

"Hi," he says and I smile.

"Hey, Stef. Here for Elena?" I ask and he nods sheepishly. "Okay." I turn around. "ELENA! YOUR BOOTY CALL IS HERE!" I yell quickly and Stefan grabs me from behind covering my mouth with his hand but he was too late. We both laughed as he clung on to me his arms around me. Elena came in and saw us, hurt in her eyes. Ugh! I guess she's jealous. Stefan let's go of me and I get out of his way.

"No need to be jealous Lena. We're just friends." I say and walk back in the kitchen as she kisses Stefan right in front of me and takes him to her room. I roll my eyes and sit next to Jenna.

"So, have you found your booty call?" she asks wiggling her eyebrows and I laugh. I hear my phone and look to see a blocked number was texting me.

From: Unknown