Chapter 4

*Hey everyone just wanted to say thanks to all those who are commenting fanning and voting. I know it's been awhile since I last posted, I'm really trying to get more posted. Well here's the next chapter hope ya'll like it

KH*

RECAP: "I promise I won't let anyone hurt you ever again." Then she passed out.

I caught her before she hit the ground she was so small that it was hard to believe she was the same age as me. I began to panic, what should I do? Will she be alright? My wolf growled and told me to get it together. 'You are the future Alpha act like it, quit being stupid.'

I shook my head my wolf was right I was being stupid I need to calm down and think clearly I can't have my emotions controlling what I do. I thought for a moment then it came to me I'll take her home and get Diana to check her out to make sure she was okay, and if I have to I'll take her to the hospital. Diana is the best healer in our pack she's not a werewolf but her mate is Drake the future third in command. Once my father steps down as Alpha he'll leave the pack to me and now that I have my mate he will be stepping down.

I started running with Lily in my arms. Weres can run faster than regular humans so it didn't take me long to run the 3 miles back to camp I reached our village in less than ten minutes. Our village wasn't small but it wasn't very big either it consisted of about 20 houses including the pack house which is where I live. I ran straight to the house as I was running I passed a few people who gave me weird looks as I ran. I ignored them and continued running until I got to the front steps of the pack house which was huge. This is where most of the pack stayed who wasn't mated.

I ran up the steps and to the door having a hard time trying to open it with Lily in my arms. I heard footsteps behind me and I turned quickly it was Austin and Megan they must have seem me running. Both of their smiles faltered when they saw Lily was unconscious in my arms. I looked at Austin, "Go get Diana and hurry." He nodded swiftly and took off running in the direction of Drake and Diana's place. Megan hurried forward opening the door for me I walked over to the couch in the living room and laid her down.

My mom called from the kitchen, "Is that you Jayden?"

"Yeah it's me mom. I'm in the living room." She walked through the doorway and smiled at me. She looked really young to be my mom since werewolf's don't age she's very beautiful she had blond shoulder length hair and piercing blue eyes.

"What's wrong honey you look worried about something?" Well of course I'm worried my mate is unconscious on our couch and I don't know what's wrong with her. "I am mom. I found my mate." She gasped and jumped up and down like a little girl. "Oh Jayden I am so happy for you, where is she? When will I get to meet her I bet she's beautiful." I smiled glancing at Lily she wasn't just beautiful she was more than that their aren't words for how beautiful she is. That's when my mom saw her laying on the couch her eyes lit up with excitement, "Is that her oh my goodness Jayden she's so beautiful and I bet she's really nice." I didn't get a chance to say anything she just kept going on and talking I tried to get a word in but it was impossible finally she seemed to realize that Lily was unconscious. "Why is she unconscious?"

I sighed, "When I found her she was in trouble and I don't know what's wrong with her I just wish Diana would hurry up and get here." No sooner had the words left my mouth that the door opened and in walked Diana and Drake both looking slightly confused.

Diana glanced at me then at Lily on the couch and asked, "What's going on Austin wasn't very clear he said someone was hurt. Who is this girl?"

"This is Lily she's my mate and I don't know what's wrong with her please can you make sure she's alright?" I was desperate to see my baby awake I didn't like seeing her like this I started to think about the guy that did this and my wolf started to take control he wanted his revenge on this Craig guy.

Drake looked worriedly at me, "Dude you need to calm down you can't lose control stay with us Lily doesn't know anyone but you. You don't want her to wake up and be scared do you?" That is the last thing I wanted I don't want her to ever be scared.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and a deep voice say, "It's going to be alright she's going to be fine, relax" the voice belonged to my father and I turned to see him looking at my mate as Diana was examining her. He frowned slightly, "Where did all those bruises come from you didn't hurt her did you?"

My wolf and I growled at the same time how could he think we would hurt her she was perfect, there wasn't any reason to hurt her. My dad looked at me, "I was just making sure. What did happen to her?"

I looked down at my angel's face and sighed they would find out sooner or later, so might as well tell them. I explained to them what she had told me about her dad and her brother. When I was done the room was silent as everyone tried to take in what I had told them. Diana was the first to speak, "How could her own father do those kinds of things to her as well as her brother?"

I shook my head trying not to think about either one of them since all that it would do is make me mad. Instead I walked over to Diana, "Do you know what's wrong with her?"

She smiled sadly she'll be fine she's just been through a lot her body couldn't take anymore. Did you tell her everything at once?" I nodded of course I told her everything. Diana slapped my arm, "Stupid! That is too much for that poor girl to take in at once."

Before I could say anything else Lily began to stir and her eyes fluttered open.