7: Disappointment

Lance still did not like the idea of going home, in fear that his dad was only saying what he was saying to make Keith happy. He slowly opened the door after Keith dropped him off and jumped when he saw his mom and dad sitting on the couch. The two looked up at him and his mother smiled at him.
"Welcome home dear."
His father said nothing as he stood and started out of the room, walking past Lance. This caused Lance to tense up in fear that he may end up being hurt by someone he looked up to. He felt his breath hitch and tears filling his eyes. He looked down before either could see.
"I will be up in my room if you need me..."
He ran up the stairs and into his room, his whole body a shaking mess. He had not even heard his mother call after him of the panic attack that started. He closed the door and sat on his bed, his trembling hands trying to open his phone before he stopped and took a deep breath.
You are a disappointment. Why did you have to go against your father's wishes? Why did you have to be gay? You are failing your family.
Lance shook his head and covered his ears, trying to get rid of the voices even though they were just in his head.
You can not get rid of us. We are what you really think of yourself? You are scared of being with Keith because of how you disappoint your father. And you know that your mother is only acting that she is happy about your choice in partners! You are scared that your parents will abandon you. That no one will love you. You want to know why you are scared about all of that? Because you know it is true!
Lance screamed, his nails digging into the side of his head as tears filled his eyes. He heard the voices laugh before they faded and he realized that his phone was ringing. He looked at his phone and sighed in relief. He answered and rubbed his eyes.
"Hey Keith."
His voice cracked, clearly showing that he had been crying.
"What the hell did your dad do? You are crying and I know you are. Do you need me to come pick you up? I can bring you to my place and you can stay with me. I would never let anyone hurt you. Just say the words and I am there."
Lance laughed and rubbed his eyes.
"I am okay. I just had a panic attack when I saw my parents... I need to talk... can you just come back so we can talk?"
Lance heard Keith sigh in relief on the other end.
"Of course. I will be right there."
- - -
When Keith dropped off Lance, he sat on his bike until Lance had his hand on the handle. He had offered to walk in with him but Lance had turned him down, saying he would be fine. He sped off towards his own house, know that he would call Lance as soon as he parked in the driveway. He went stopped to buy chocolates, specifically Lance's favorite. The cashier looked at him and squealed.
"MASKED MARMORA! Can I have your autograph?"
She stuck out a notebook and squealed again. Keith smiled at her.
"Of course. And who am I making it out to?"
She looked ready to faint, her blonde hair in pony tails crossing over her shoulders and her violet eyes sparkled.
"Romelle!"
Keith looked at her then laughed.
"You are Allura's cousin are you not?"
Romelle nodded.
"I can not believe that my cousin is friends with one of the most famous dancers ever!"
Keith laughed and signed the notebook.
"Yeah that is cool."
Romelle then looked at the chocolate.
"For your boyfriend?"
Keith laughed and blushed.
"Yeah."
He rubbed the back of his neck. The two said their goodbyes before he started out of the store and returned to his bike. He then started home to retrieve something he had been working on for Lance. It was a surprise but he needed to give it to him because it would cheer him up. He parked his bike and started inside to find the thing he had hidden. He went into his room and pulled out his lock box, humming as he put in the combination and pulled out the wrapped up box. He started to put everything back when he suddenly felt the need to call Lance. He did just that. After the third ring, Lance answered.
"Hey Keith."
Keith instantly heard the hints in his voice of Lance crying and his protective side kicked in.
"What the hell did your dad do? You are crying and I know you are. Do you need me to come pick you up? I can bring you to my place and you can stay with me. I would never let anyone hurt you. Just say the words and I am there."
Keith was confused when he heard the little chuckle from his boyfriend.
"I am okay. I just had a panic attack when I saw my parents... I need to talk... can you just come back so we can talk?"
Keith sighed in relief and felt a smile creep onto his face, though he would never admit that to Lance.
"Of course. I will be right there."
Keith grabbed his things, putting them in his bag and put his bag onto his back. He started out, making sure to lock up and ran off to get on his bike. He had his helmet in his hands, putting it on when he sat on his bike. He started the bike and started to drive off towards Lance's house.
Then he got in a crash and died... that is it. That is the end.

Clearly that is a lie. Because this story is being posted on April 1st.

Keith pulled up to the front of Lance's house.