4: Reveal

*Possible trigger warning???*

Keith could not believe that the interview was already almost over. His outfit was getting a bit uncomfortable but he still had exactly 20 minutes before the reveal so he just dealt with it. He continued to answer questions from the interviewer. He stopped the interviewer at one point.
"I want to allow the fans time to ask me questions. About anything they want to ask."
The interviewer smiled.
"That sounds like a great idea Masked Marmora."
Lance was so fast to have his hand up that he almost hit Hunk who was sitting right beside him. Keith was trying not to laugh though he did let out a small laugh.
"You in the front row with the energy of a golden retriever puppy."
Lance looked almost ready to pass out form excitement as he let out a squeal before taking a deep breath.
"Oh... I... ah... um... well. I have a couple questions if that is okay."
Keith smiled behind his mask and nodded.
"Yes of course that is okay."
Lance smiled wide.
"What is your favorite color? What is your favorite band? Your favorite food? What is your sexuality? What is your favorite drink? What is your favorite animal? Do you have any siblings? Are you in a relationship? Do you ever plan on revealing your identity?"
Lance rambled on and it seemed that no one had caught any of the questions because of his speed, though a mask hides a lot.
"Red. My Chemical Romance. Rest in peace. Sushi. Gay. Sprite. Hippopotamus. An older brother. I am single but I guess I could possibly have a crush. And for that last question you have to wait to find out."
Lance stared wide eyed. He just found out that his favorite person in the world was gay and emo. Allura and Pidge were whispering to each other. They definitely already knew that it was Keith, how were the others so small minded and oblivious? It was so clear, the voice, the likes. It was definitely Keith. The questions went on before the interviewer decided on a small break. Keith went backstage with Shiro and he let out his laugh. He could not help it. All the questions were about his personal life, not about his dancing career or his injury. Keith got a sprite and removed his mask once he was in his dressing room. He took a sip and sighed.
"They only care about my personal life. No one has asked about the injury or even how I got i9nto dance. It is quite frustrating to say the least. But what am I gonna do about it? Absolutely nothing."
Shiro sat quietly on the couch, just listening to his younger brother complain, a small smile on his face.
"They want to know more about their idol as a person and you gave them a chance to ask you personally and not through some text or through social media. They get to hear from the real you, the one under the mask not the one who hides in the mask."
Keith nodded as he looked at his older brother.
"It's nice that I get to be the one answering their questions, no one else. But still. Don't they worry about my health? Don't they want to know the backstory of their idol?"
There was a knock at the door.
"Starts up again in a couple minutes Masked Marmora!"
Keith smiled.
"Thank you sir!"
Keith looked at Shiro.
"It is time!"
He put his mask back on and started for the stage, of course waiting for his que to walk onto stage. He had not noticed the feeling until now hut he felt like there were butterflies in his stomach. He shook his head as he started to slightly panic.
"It is okay. It is okay. You have been wanting to do this since you started to dance. You will be okay. They will love you... well... Lance might not. God... I just hope that I am wrong there. I would be broken if he hated me."
He had not noticed the queue until Shiro pushed on his shoulder lightly. He took a deep breath and started onto the stage. This was happening and he would not be able to stop himself.
'What if Lance does hate you? What will you do? You will just have to end it. No one is going to like the you under the mask. Just leave and never show your face again.'
Keith was thankful of the mask at this moment as his eyes brimmed with tears. He could not wipe them away nor could he hide them when he planned to take off his mask. He looked at the clock as he sat in the seat he sat in prior.
'A few more minutes, just relax. They will not hate you.'
He felt himself start to sweat, shifting slightly in order to get comfortable. He felt his friends eyes on him.
'3.'
He took a breath.
'Three minutes.'
The host started to talk about something but Keith's mind was fuzzy. His hands felt clammy, his throat sore, his mouth dry, and his body trembling.
'I am not having an anxiety attack. No way. I am fine. Breath. What is the host saying? I cannot hear him. What do I do?'
"Masked Marmora? Are you okay?"
Keith got snapped out of his thoughts and nodded.
"Yes. Just sad that the interview is almost over."
'What?! One minute! This is bad. Bad bad bad!'
"Wow. It hot in here or just me?"
He shifted again, letting his outfit move.
"Mind if I-"
The interviewer looked at him.
"Do whatever to make yourself comfortable for the last few minutes."
Keith nodded as he slipped his hand under the mask and started to remove it.
'3. 2. 1.'
He fully removed the mask, his hair falling into his face. He heard the gasps from the crowd then silence. Well. Silence except for the extreme beat of his heart.
'They hate me...'
Keith looked and all he could see was the disbelief that covered Lance's face.
"Keith?!"
Allura and Pidge started to laugh, they already knew. Keith figured if anyone was to figure out it would he them.
"Hi."

1042 words!!! Finally was able to update! Hope you enjoyed!