3: Tickets

It had been a couple days since the appointment and surgery and now Keith sat at the cafe with the whole crew. Allura had today off which meant Coran was the one that was doing the serving. He liked to bore the costumers with his stories of the past and was currently talking the ears off of a poor couple who just wanted some tea. Keith looked at the envelope in his hands. He had pre-requested tickets for front row to his reveal. He had gotten one for each of the friends, including Lance. Now he just needed to find a way to give them the tickets without them getting suspicious on why he had them without getting one for himself. He sighed. Currently Lance was complaining about the fact that there was going to be an interview nearby with Masked Marmora and that he wanted to go, this giving Keith an opportunity to bring it up.
"- so close! I could literally stand outside the building and wait for him!"
Lance dramatically flopped into his seat. Shiro looked at Keith, along with everyone else, as Keith cleared his throat.
"Actually. Before I had damaged my knee, I had preordered some tickets. Enough for all of us... and um. I didn't end up getting enough for everyone... only one short. So I figured. I do not need to go..."
Keith put the envelope on the table and Lance stared at him wide eyed.
"You ordered tickets for all of us?! That is amazing!"
Lance jumped up and hugged Keith. Keith froze but hugged back after a bit.
"I did but it would probably be best if I stayed out of there. Crazy crowd, crutches and just had surgery. That would not be a nice match."
Everyone agreed as Lance pulled out the tickets, extremely excited.
"Oh my god!!! Are those tickets to go back stage and meet him ourselves?! Are you sure you do not want to go?"
Lance looked at him with worry in his eyes.
"It is best. Anyway. I already met him. We go to the same doctor and have bumped into each other sometimes."
Lance stared wide eyed.
"No way! You are lying to me!"
"No. My aunt is his doctor plus I get a discount to go. He is nice and has high hopes for his future. He plans on letting everyone know his identity when he turns eighteen. He has hopes for his fans. Hopes that each will take a lesson from him. He hopes to be back on his legs and dancing soon. I-he will do anything to inspire his fans."
Keith was hoping no one caught his mistake, if anyone did it would be Pidge. The look on everyone's faces was astonished. They all were so surprised. Keith smiled slightly, Shiro was muffling a laugh, Lance looked upset and happy at the same time, Allura was utterly shocked, Pidge had caught Keith's mistake but decided not to mention it, Hunk had a huge smile on his face, and Coran was still annoying the poor couple.
"You mean to tell me you have known the Masked Marmora and never tried to introduce me?!"
Lance was clearly pissed off.
"I only met him recently. And he specifically said he wanted to get through his surgery and the interview before he was introduced to anybody. I did try."
Lance seemed to calm down to this.
"Okay. Good."
He was trying to calm his breathing. Keith shook his head.
"Well. I have a check up with my doctor and I would not want to miss it."
Keith got up, with Shiro's help, and started out. Once they both were out of sight, Lance grumbled.
"Probably gets to go see Masked Marmora again."
Coran was now over by their table. He walked over.
"I believe you are not seeing the truth. Based on the appearance of Masked Marmora and The way Keith has been acting, I believe he may be Masked Marmora. Also. He said that Masked Marmora planned on giving his identity when he turns eighteen. The interview is the night of Keith's birthday."
Lance stared in disbelief. Pidge nodded, having already connected the dots. Allura and Hunk thought about it and nodded.
"That is clean logic."
Allura nodded and looked around the table, her gaze stopping on Lance.
"There is no way that Mullet Head is Masked Marmora! Masked Marmora is amazing and Keith is not."
Pidge decided to cut in.
"It is always the person you least suspect who ends up being the hero."
Everyone got up and went their separate ways, leaving an upset and dumbfounded Lance.
- - -
It was now the day. Keith was freaking out in his dressing room as he tried to get into his outfit on his own. His aunt had recently taken him off crutches and gave him a knee brace. Keith now had to get into his outfit, put on his knee brace and shoes all on his own. He groaned again.
"I have to do this but I can not wait for this brace to be on anymore. Or this mask. I will not just be Masked Marmora. I will now be Keith Kogane. The boy behind the mask."
He looked at his phone. He was surprised that his friends had not even messaged him to say happy birthday, which kind of upset him. He thought about it.
"Well. They get to see Masked Marmora from the front row. Of course they all will be distracted."
He sighed and continued to put on his outfit, once finished, he stood and started out to the stage.
- - -
Lance and the others were excited. Lance way more then the others. When Masked Marmora walked onto stage, Lance had to held down by Shiro and Hunk. Lance seemed amazed when Masked Marmora looked over and seemed to laugh as he went to sit on the couch next to the host. He waved to the crowd. His gaze lingered on Lance for a second before the interview started.

1007 words. I don't want to upset anyone but if you are inspired by someone's story and decide to write your own, you should tag the person who inspired you. It is just being kind.