A stiletto sharper than steel

Claire's POV

               This was not a drill. I repeat, this was not a drill. My mother was here in her five foot two angered glory, and I was naked underneath this thin men's v neck in Atticus's lap. Was this my worst nightmare or my bravest dream? I can just imagine how angry she was at me. Did Merlin erase all of her memories of me being missing again like the first time? Or was she thinking about how I left without another thought into the arms of a man? Hey, atleast it was a man who she wanted me to marry. I could say the same. How did she get into this dimension? Ofcourse- I always have to speak my thoughts. 

           "How the hell did you get here?" I question in shock and quickly regret the way that I phrased it. Her already angry face quickly turned into a furious one.  

          Her furious demeanor quickly changed to a chilling smile as she took a step towards me.

         "How did I get here? Hmm, lets think and backtrack my steps. Well first, my beautiful obedient daughter went missing like she never existed in the middle of the night, after the ball." she starts, but I interrupt her. 

           "It was like 7 pm, but go off." I say casually, but quickly regret this as well. she scowls at me. 

                "Do you know how worried sick I was young lady?" she raises her tone as I sink further into Aticus's arms. 

               "Do you?" she yells at me as I lower my gaze. 

               "Its not my fault an old man couldn't keep his shrimp dick fantasies away from my purity." I mutter. She pales as I say this, and I quickly take mental note that she had absolutely not idea what went down that night_ or why I even went missing in the first place. She probably thought that I just ran away with some dude and had some old magician wipe her memories. I wonder if she remembered Merlin wiping away her memories. Just as that thought passes through my mind- her face turns bright red in anger. It looks like her face is an explosive ketchup bottle ready to blow. 

              "Where is that dirty old man?" Her fists ball up as she turns to the wolf guard in the room. We all stay quiet in confusion. The old man from the alley? What was the woman ranting on about? 

               "Merlin you fucking old geezer, where the hell are you?" she shrieks. Me and Atticus quickly look at each other as we fall into realization. She thinks Merlin is the old man that tried to rape me. Or, well in her mind, she thinks he actually succeeded since I wasn't able to finish telling her what went on that night. I scramble to get up as Merlin walks into the room confused. 

              The first thing he sees is an angry deranged woman charging at him, to tackle him. 

               "Mom, no!" I shout, as he freezes up. 

       Before my mom went full on gorilla, and any other zoo animal that she could think of- Atticus speeds in her direction and grabs her by her arms. 

           "Not him." He states as my mother gives Merlin a withering stare. 

            "I know you." she mutters. "You're the jackass who wiped my memories after my baby went missing." She struggles in Atticus's grip as Merlin looks as if he's shit his pants. He backs away slowly. 

                    "All for good reason ma'am." he stumbles back a bit, but then shoots me a look. 

          "I'll be back after you put her in an asylum." he mutters as he speed walks out of the room. My lips twitch up as my mom tries to kick her leg out to have her stiletto heel slip off aimed in his direction. The stiletto that was sharper than steel. She almost gets him, but he already anticipated what she was thinking. I cross my arms as my mother meets my gaze. 

            "Why don't I explain everything to you in a nice and calm way, over a cup of tea or hot chocolate?" I lick my lips. "With marshmallows." I grin at the thought of something to drink after being 'dead' or reborn or whatever you want to call it for so long. 

           She huffs and reluctantly agrees as Atticus lets her go. She looks in the direction where Merlin disappeared off to and seems tempted at chasing him down- but then seems to change her mind as she straightens up her navy blue blazer. 

         "Lets talk business." she says with an air of authority. I quickly shake my head and chuckle as Atticus walks to my side and puts an arm around my waist. 

          "No, mother." I state with a steady gaze. 

        "Lets talk like family. And let me let it be known right now- I will not succumb to your demands as I used to. I'm not 12, I'm not 15- I'm pretty grown if I do say so myself." I finish as we stare each other down. This goes on for about two minutes. Finally she gets tired of it and speaks up. 

          "Why?" she asks with caution as she eyes the arm that Atticus has placed around my waist. 

         "Because- being a mother does not mean that you'll have a slave for the rest of your life. Or better yet, a well trained puppy to follow your every command. For that- you should've gotten an obedient dog instead of getting pregnant." I say and hold in a smile as her face drops. 

         "I just- I just thought that I was doing what was right for you." she lowers her eyes as I can see tears forming in her eyes. I quickly feel awful for the way I went about this all- but I had to make it known. 

          "I know mom." I smile at her warmly, as she sniffles a bit. I know that it had to be hard to raise me all on her own. I know that. I also know that I'm not the easiest person to get along with- and that it must've been hard on her after dad left. But I also noticed the fact that she brought up Merlin wiping her memory and she's in a new dimension without her flinching. For that- I need to ask her. 

         "Before we have those warm drinks- mom I need to know." I say as I stop everyone from walking out. The wolf guard squirms in a corner uncomfortably, but I pay it no mind. He'll get a raise later. She raises an eyebrow at me, looking curious. I take a deep breath and open my mouth.

               "Who is my father?" I ask. 

*

*

*

*

*

          Hey yall!!!!! I know that I'm like a week late with this chapter, but I've been going through a move and settling in and everything. :( I missed writing and you guys. 

    Let me know what you think of this chapter! I tried to show you a side of her mother that we've never seen before but idk how that went lol. Let me know in the comments! 

and if you liked this chapter, Vote :) nothing ever goes unnoticed and reading everyones comments always makes my day much brighter. Love yall !!!