The Confession

A/N: I've already made the cover for the sequel !! Sorry for such a late update, I'm just working on my book "wails of a faerie". It's getting intense lol don't kill me :) I actually wrote this after writing the latest chapter of that book.

Merlin's POV

             A couple of hours, that's all I need. Really Merlin? You know that truth spell takes up to two days! Atticus is gonna kill you. I shake my thoughts away as I look at Valdus laying on the metal slab. He tied down, and I know that he hates it. But he's calm as I walk around my spell room.

                       "You don't know what you're doing, do you?" His deep voice rings out. His usual playful tone is gone and I keep pacing, ignoring him.

                      "You know, it would be easier if you just killed me, because I'm not telling anyone anything. Truth spell or not." He says, looking up at the ceiling as I glance at him. I continue to pace.

                     That truth spell can get anyone to tell the truth, I just need the time. But we don't have any time. We only have torture devices, an unwilling traitor, and an angry King. What does that say about this situation?

                   "99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer-" he starts to sing.

                 "Shut up." I mutter, still pacing. He stays quiet for a second.

                      "Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb! Mary had a-" he starts right back up, voice echoing in my metal walls of a laboratory. I pinch my nose and shut my eyes.

                       "Please be quiet." I hiss at him softly. A headache is already starting to form.

                He quiets down and turns his head to me. I stop pacing and look at him.

                   "You didn't tell me you had a daughter." He says as he observes me intensely.

                     "What are you talking about?" I snap at him, not wanting to deal with this idiot any longer. You're the idiot that volunteered to make a truth potion. I stare at Valdus as he ponders in his thoughts.

                      "I heard that conversation between you and that mermaid. Everyone and their mom heard it." He says looking back at the ceiling.

                     "You have a daughter- and she's angry cause you abandoned her." He says. "Just like you abandoned me- " He continues as my face heats.

                       "Be quiet." I hiss. He ignores my anger.

                       "-and Claire." He says as my eyes widen.

                        "Shut your mouth." I snap once again. I really can't be in the same room as this man.

                         "Are you angry because I'm telling the truth?" He smirks.

                           "You were too busy drugging me to even pay attention to her cries of help. You probably told her to give you a minute while you were gone for more than ten. You abandoned her when she needed help." He says, as if it's a game to him. He's smiling now, eyes crinkling in the corners.

                         "I was gone for five minutes." I say, face getting redder. He glances at me and lifts an eyebrow.