The Rage

claires POV

                       Celmira was known for her anger, for the cruelty in which she possessed. Ripping families to shreds, experimenting on her own people, having the help of the human government. She was despised in Holdrex. She couldn't care less- in fact, she hated them right back. With passion. It was this very rage that dragged her into successfully killing me.

                    I didn't see it, I got sloppy and overconfident. But I guess she got sloppy too, because that exact rage- Atticus had it ten times worse. His roar could be heard, even in my moments of the cold dark afterlife. It made me shudder, my spirit anyway.

                    Why was he so angry? This was going to end soon, so many people would be free. I guess his selfishness was clouding his views, because as long as I wasn't there- nothing else mattered to him. I hadn't actually expected him to do it, to kill her I mean. But then again, I hadn't expected her to kill me either. But as she morphed back into her human body in victory, her grin radiant- blood seemed to be falling down the corners of her mouth. Her victory was short lived, Atticus has his hand through her chest, her heart in his hand. she let out a cry as all of her shadow puppets began to fade away, including his brother. Were they even real beings? were they just figments of her imagination? of her power?

                   She collapsed to the ground, tears in her eyes. The life was draining out of her, I could see it. That was supposed to be me. I was the one that was supposed to kill her. But as I tried with all my might- I couldn't scream. I could only watch in peace. Everything was peaceful over on this side. Atticus had wanted to give me the trust and freedom in me, to show me that he believed in me by letting me fight her. He could've easily done it this entire time, but he knew that I wanted to atleast try. And now, because of that trust- he lost me.

                   How did it happen? How did I die?

             I'm fading away, everything is so confusing. I cant remember my death, only my life. Would anyone tell my mom that I was dead? Time was fading from me, and everything was going dark. Whats happening to me?

                Light flashes, and I'm no longer watching the victory of the battle, our battle.

               I'm in my room- the room in Atticus's castle. The place that he first really spoke to me, scaring the living daylights out of me as I was chained to the bed. This time, its atticus and my hellhound Christmas on my bed. She seems as if shes trying to comfort him. His shoulders are hunched, and his claws are out. As I take a closer look, I realize that hes crying. His eyes are bloodshot, and hes sobbing. his hunched shoulders are shaking, and hes gripping onto his hair, it looks as if he wants to rip it out. His face is filled with agony, and I realize that on his lap is the bloody lab coat that I was wearing the day of the battle. I realize that this must be days, weeks, or even months after the battle, after I died. The blood on the labcoat is a dried brown, no longer crimson. I drift towards him, and he seems to stiffen. Can he feel me? I don't want to scare him, but I doubt a vampire can scare easily.

                    I lean towards him, I want to comfort him. I love him.

                but he just camly gets up, and puts the labcoat on the bed. He leaves the room, and I don't follow after.

              It happens again, I'm drifting through time. Its happened countless times already, ive seen everyones grief. Merlin and Valdus shut in their rooms, the poor old man looks bonier and like his face is sunken in. Valdus tries everything to get his partner into health, but Merlin looks as if he doesn't want to get back to health. The werewolf gaurds are silent, everone in the castle is silent. Noone has touched the cabinets where my poptarts were located- they know how much I loved them.

               I drift away to atticus mumbling while laying down. Hes in his room this time- in the dark. I think hes crying again, but I cant really see in the darkness. Hes shaking, but not in sobs. Hes shaking, probably having a panic attack or something. Has he eaten anything?

             "Please..." he mumbles in agony.

             "I know youre with me-- I smelled your scent, the lilac perfume you would spray in your hair everyday... I know youre here..." He cries softly.

                 "I'm so sorry- I should've never taken you to Holdrex, I should've left you at peace in your home.... I just couldn't help myself, I was too selfish.." His hands go to cover his face, and for a moment, I feel his pain. I feel my heart squeezing, pain envelopes everything, and I know that this is what he is feeling. but as quickly as it comes, it goes. I'm fading away. I feel myself fading again. But this time, I'm not going anywhere. Ive see and heard all that I needed to, I'm going to rest. But before I drift, I hear him mumble ne last thing.

                   A promise.

             "I'm going to get you back." He wipes at his eyes, and sits up.

             "Even if its in a new life, a human life. even if I have to be reborn- even if I have to chase you across the ends of this earth, I'm going to get you back. Losing you was never an option, and I'm going to find a way to make it possible. There has to be a way. Pure souls never leave this earth alone. Not you." He makes his way to his door like hes on a mission, like he has a plan. I don't stick around long enough to hear or see his plan. All I know is that I rest for a long time. It feels like a short nap, but I know otherwise.

                The next time I awaken- I am not alone.

*

*

*

*

*

    THIS IS NOT THE END. lol hey guys, I just threw myself off of track big time, idek where I came up with that twist but I knew that someone had to die, so why not the min character? lol hope u guys enjoyed the chapter, ill see you guys again soon.

       also, does anyone know any good dog training methods to get them to use the bathroom outside? #thestruggle