Clean dirt

Claire's POV

               "I forgot to say bye to my mother!" I exclaim in horror. Merlin just stares as I face palm myself, eyes wide.

             "Fuck!" I say, feeling a bit under the weather for a second. To this, Merlin laughs, and then looks apologetic once I shoot him a look.

              "I think that's the first time I heard you curse." He chuckles, scratching his five o'clock shadow. You know, if Merlin was thirty years younger, and not gay, I would've actually went for him. But then again, I've got Atticus. I think.

         Actually, I think that Merlin is bisexual, seeing as he dates girls too. Well-sea nymphs. But seeing as he's like fifty, and I've got this huge crush on Atticus- which I don't know how to label us yet- I won't.

           "I kind of feel guilty now." I mumble to myself as Merlin laughs.

             "Don't. That woman had me clean dirt for fun." He says, with a serious expression. I feel bad for a moment, but then we both laugh it off.

We arrive to the gates of Atticus's castle as the sun is going down. It's actually very beautiful seeing as the sun isn't orange. It's blue in this realm, so the clouds are purple instead of a pink/orange. You see, vampires are kind of fragile and wussies to the sunlight. So the sun is blue over here most of the time. Sometimes it's actually orange, but that's when the Holdrex dimension gates are open. Atleast, that's how Merlin explained it to me when I asked about it.

I was all like 'wait a second- wasn't that sun yellow last time I was here?!' And he was all like 'lol chill dude'.

Merlin doesn't disappoint when he uses text talk.

              And don't get me started on how we transported over here. The last time I transported, the Galaxy was very friendly indeed. But this time, it was freezing! We passed by these planets that were literally causing me to turn blue. Merlin had to use some of his magic to set me on fire. Just- like I said before, don't get me started on that.

               The gates swing open with a loud and usually creepy creak. I'm tempted to take pictures of this place and post it on social media- but I refrain from doing that. All I know is that Merlin loves selfies-too much if you ask me. When I was freezing to death in the galaxy, he had the nerve to take selfies! He created a photo album for those selfies called 'cool kids'.

                I smacked the back of his head, hoping that he doesn't curse me in the future.

My shoulders sagged in exhaustion as we walked through the tall metal-surprisingly not rustic- gates. Time for sleep! I feel like I need a good nights rest, with what I went through today. Can't a girl get a peaceful day? Is that too much to ask? Probably for a proper lady.

It's weird. I'm not expected to act proper anymore. Not with mother in the other dimension. But I feel kind of obligated to. I almost scoff. Yeah, I was really feeling obligated, seeing as I only cursed once. I shake my head at my sarcasm.

                    "Is Atticus home?" I ask Merlin.
             "I mean, his home- not mine. Er-" I awkwardly stutter, correcting myself. Merlin just seems amused and shrugs his shoulders.

              "Most likely. I doubt, even with the war raging on-" I look around as a cricket chirps, and raise an eyebrow. Yup, some war raging on here. "- that he would leave you alone to sleep at night. Especially with your sleepwalking episodes." He noted out pointedly. I laugh.

                "I never even knew that I sleep walk."I said, scratching my chin. Oh no- don't tell me I'm starting to get Merlin's habits! Although, he doesn't respond as we enter the doors of the household- or should I say castle hold? Questions for another time Claire.

As we enter, I look to the right, to the grand ballroom. I grin mischievously as I see Valdus on a ladder, unscrewing the chandelier with the help of werewolf guards. Looks like they're taking down the chandelier. I wonder why.

                  I see the ladder wobbling, and I'm tempted to tell Valdus how I actually got up there in the first place. Ceiling vents! There was one right next to the chandelier, and of course, when I'm confused, I like to cause chaos. I just had to do it.

                   I casually wave at one of the werewolf guards with acne, and he gulps, remembering what happened. Merlin chuckles.

                 "You do know that King Atticus is gonna keep a close eye on you now, don't you?" He asks. I shrug casually.

                 "I know. If it gets too unbearable, I'll just run away." I say casually as Merlin tenses. I glance at him.

                "Kidding." I say and he relaxes again.

                "I was this close to objecting, but I didn't want to seem like an uncool grandpa. I'm totally cool." He reassured himself and I giggle. Then, I hear Valdus call out my name. I look back in time to see him exiting the grand ballroom and walking towards the marble staircase.

"What's up?" I ask, in awe at how relaxed and peaceful I sounded. Not at all like the uptight proper lady that my mother raised. His jogging comes to a stop as he reaches us.

"I just wanted to inform you that Atticus wants to see you in his study. And I wanted to give you a warm formal welcome." He says. Then he gives us both a childish grin, and opens up his arms.

"Group hug?" He asks. I'm automatically thrilled by this suggestion, cause I love feeling loved, but Merlin doesn't seem too thrilled.

"No." He says coldly, and Valdus's smile falters as Merlin turns to walk away. I roll my eyes at his diva-ness. I grab Merlin's elbow and pull him back, into Valdus's chest and still open arms. Merlin makes a sound of protest, and tenses. Valdus wraps his arms around Merlin, trapping him into his hold. I see them both close their eyes in delight, and I feel a bit awkward. So I don't join in the group hug which is turned into a two man embrace.

I slowly back out, grabbing my suitcase off of the ground, and then quietly turn around. I then sprint up the stairs, finding out, that I don't in fact have any clue where Atticus's study is.

+

+

+

+

+

HELLOOOOOO MY LOVELY UNICORNS!!!

I thought that I would've ended this chapter with an authors note that was happy, but my dad is being an asshole- making me angry.
So I hope you guys know that I love you all, I hope to see you guys on a happier note next time.
Byeeeee ❤️

READ

VOTE

COMMENT!!!!!