Nine Letters To Niall

Hey guys. Oh look, an update! Oh em gee

*hits self repeatedly*

"Niall!" 

Niall jumped in his plastic seat, snapping from his daze. To his wonder, Liam was watching him with an amused look on his face, Zayn with a quizzical one, whilst Harry and Louis did themselves injuries, they were laughing so hard. The blond interviewer with impossibly long hair only smiled, watching their exchange. "What?" He asked, confused. What was so funny? 

Louis and Harry only laughed harder, grinning at each other and making gestures in their own language that only the pair of them could understand. "We've been trying to talk to you for about five minutes." Liam told him. 

Niall blinked. Five minutes. Sure, he'd been lost in his own thoughts for a bit there, but five minutes? Not that long. Once again, he blinked and shook himself. "Really?" He asked.

"Yep." Liam replied, looking in bewilderment at the two boys in front of him who were nearly crying from laughter. The interviewer was still smiling fondly at them, biting her lip in a way that told Niall that she was most definitely a Larry Stylinson fan. And the Harry and Louis weren't exactly helping, either. 

Shaking his head, Niall laughed at himself. What was wrong with him? "Ah man. Sorry about that. What were you saying?" He asked the girl politely. She blinked, snapped out her Larry daze in a way that reminded Niall of his earlier mishap. "Oh, I - Erm, I think.. I can't remember!" Her cheeks turned a deep shade of red in embarrassment at having forgotten. 

"Something about coping with fame?" Liam prompted, helping the girl out.

She beamed gratefully. "Yes, that was it! How are you guys coping with fame Niall? It is all getting to your heads?" Her white blond hair created a curtain in front of her face as she brushed her fringe away. 

Smiling, he launched into the speech that he practically had rehearsed. "Not really, no. You get kind of used to it eventually. Sometimes you'll look at all these screaming girls and think wow, they're all here for me. Sometimes I still think that there's four boys in the hit band One Direction, because I always forget to count myself." 

The crowd laughed at that, and Zayn reached over and ruffled his hair. "But no, it doesn't get to our heads. I think we've all gotten used to it, and there's not much that can affect us these days." Niall finished. 

Yet even as he said the words, he doubted them. Was there anything that would really affect them? What about Charlie's letters? Because they for sure were affecting him, even if it was in some way that he didn't understand. He would find himself constantly thinking about the letters, wondering about Charlie and where she was now and what she was doing. 

It surprised him, just how much he cared about the girl. He had never even met her. But still, he was desperate to finish the letters as soon as possible. 

So when they'd finished the interview, Niall hopped off stage, telling the others he was going to the toilet before disappearing along a corridor. The storage cupboard seemed like a suitable hiding place. He closed the door behind him, and pulled the ninth letter out of his pocket after putting it in their earlier.