Three Letters To Niall

"Come on Niall!" 

Niall stuffed his things into the suitcase, struggling to fit them in. "I'm coming!" He called. A sigh escaped from him as a shoe fell on the floor. Shoving the trainer into the case, he jumped on top of it, struggling to do up the zip. 

Finally, it zipped shut, and he jumped off the bed, doing his trademark leap in the air to celebrate his success. "Niall! We'll go without you!" Came a voice from down the hall. "Wait! I'm coming!" He yelled, dragging the suitcase behind him into the kitchen where Louis was waiting at the door. "What took you so long? The others are already on the bus." Louis says, locking the door behind them. 

"Couldn't fit everything in my case." Niall said as they dropped off the keys at reception. Louis grinned. "You sure you got everything? We all know what you're like." He said. They headed through the swinging doors onto the front drive where the tour bus waited, it's engine humming. "I think so." Niall told him, handing his suitcase to the guy loading it with stuff.

"No.. Wait!"

He couldn't leave those behind, no matter what. 

Like a flash, he ran back into the hotel, and up to the receptionist. "I left something in my room!" He cried. The blonde reception sighed, taking the red lollipop out of her mouth. "What room were you?" She asked, lazily swinging off her chair and looking in the cupboard of keys. "Urm.. 56 I think." 

She hummed to herself as she looked through the keys. "We're kinda in a hurry." Niall adds. The blonde girl glared at him grumpily, before plucking a key from it's hook. "There you are. Don't forget to bring it - " She says, but Niall had run back to the room before she could finish. 

"Room 53.. 54.." He jogged beside the doors, searching for the right room. "55...56!"  Frantically unlocking the door, he glanced at the clock quickly before diving into his bedroom. They were late. Very late. 

 Where did he put them? 

In his desperation, Niall began to turn over the room, opening draws and throwing sheets out frantically. "Where are they?" He murmured. He couldn't stay for much longer, but then he couldn't leave them. He could never do that to Charlie! He hadn't finished reading them. To do otherwise would be betraying her. 

It was funny, the sense of loyalty he already felt to this girl. He had never met her after all, and he had gotten plenty of fanmail before. Why was she any different?

He grabbed the pillow, throwing it over his shoulder. The set of twenty one letters, wrapped up neatly in the brown string, sat there innocently. 

In a matter of seconds, Niall was out the door and into reception, practically throwing the key at the receptionist, and hopping onto the bus, the letters still tucked under his arm. "Did you get it?" Harry says the door closed and they hit the road. 

"Yup." Niall replied. They had left him the top bunk again, so he climbed up, head resting against the wall. "I knew it'd be you to forget something." Harry chipped in cheerfully. "What was it, anyway?"