Chapter 9

Indie POV

When the bell rang for lunchtime I went to go find Megan, I don't like when she walks alone to lunch because she ends up at the cafeteria all bruised up with blood. I ran straight to her class and when I found her she seemed very different, she had a smile on her face and was blushing. I have never seen her like that, over all the years I have been with her this was new. As we walked into the lunchroom we ran into Jake, and immediately Megan started to blush even more. When I turned to Jake he was also blushing. I started to put the pieces together and I figured it out... they are crushing on each other!!! I was shocked but at the same time I knew this going to happen, just not this fast. We went to go sit down and it was still silent and awkward. The whole lunch time it was like that, when the bell rang they both got up fast and walked away leaving me alone in confusion. As I walked to class someone grabbed me and took me to a empty janitors closet and slammed me to the floor. I opened my eyes slowly and I see the one, the only, Nathan. He grabs me by the shirt and pushes me up to the wall. He whispers, "did you miss me sweetie." I tried to get out of his grasp but I failed which just made him push me up against the wall even harder. I screamed at him to let me go and to leave me alone. He slapped me and screamed back, "You don't talk to me that way you skank!" As I thought about a way to escape the janitor walks in and Nathan loses his grip. I took the chance to escape I kicked him and as he fell to the floor I ran for it. I didn't dare look back.