Horan~ Mirages & Lies

Nicole Jeanette Horan

I sit myself up on a log, everything fuzzy; I look down next to me, seeing that there's a small scrap of paper next to me.

Nikki,

If you're alive, you're reading this. I thought it would be best to put you back at the camp, I had no idea how to cure you. I've gone to see Peter, he pod said that he may die from this. I know Air Specials aren't supposed to be affected by FMN, but I don't know what tf happened to you.

I'll be back soon, I'm also going to go get food.

~Per

Who the fuck is Per?

Who the fuck is Nikki?

Where the fuck am I?

Why do I keep saying fuck so much?

Is it one of my favorite words?

Fuckity, fuck, fuck.

Who the hell am I?

I scan my surroundings, a woodsy area, with rushing water somewhere. I can barely sit up, my head hurts and my arms like jelly. The log is prickly and uncomfortable, with little pieces of it poking my pale white legs. I glance down to see what I'm wearing, a simple white dress, with something strapped to my thigh.

Did I always wear white?

Did I like this?

I run my fingers through my blonde hair, long and thin. My eyes scan over the note again, trying to remember who Per is, or who Nikki is, or if my favorite word was fuck, and if there was ever anything special about me.

It doesn't seem so.

I don't remember anything.

I run my tongue over my lips, moisturizing them. My throat is parched, and it hurts, so I get up to find water. I wobble a bit on my feet, but I'm okay, and I start to follow the sound of running water. After I've walked for about ten minutes, my phone buzzes in my dress pocket.

I have a pocket in my dress?

I take it out, not even fully sure that it's my own, and check it. It's a text.

From 963219: I can help you with your identity problems. Just follow everything I say,okay?

Your name: Victoria Jeanette Hemmings

Age: 19

Info: Babe, you're a Death Special. Nice.

Now go kill the skinny bitches. And go find your brother, Luke. He'll help you, trust me. That's about everything you need to know, just keep doing everything I say.

:* Tay.

I smile, trusting Tay. Maybe she's an old friend of mine, and maybe I'll get to see her again soon.

Victoria.

Victoria.

Victoria.

With every step, I repeat it once again in my head, any memories referencing that name coming up blank. It seems foreign to me, rolling off my tongue as I mouth it multiple times to get used to it. The rushing water is really loud now, and with a few more steps, there's a huge waterfall. I bend down the the dark earth, leaning over the banks to look at my reflection in the water.

Blonde hair.

Blue eyes.

A nose that slopes down a bit.