Chapter 14

Werebacking up just a little bit before getting back to that cliffhanger

I had never been so nervous. I had already been around Marshallbefore, but I guess its different now because I'm not doing this forLauren, I'm doing it for me. I hope she works things out with Mark. Ithink they'll be good together. I was so lost in thoughts that Ihadn't realized I had pulled up to his house. He was waiting outsidetoday. I smiled at him as I got out of the car. He met me halfway andwe embraced each other. "Hey there." I said. I couldn't wipe thegoofy smirk off my face. He smiled back at me and said "Heyyourself. How was the drive?" He took my hand and we headed for thedoor. "It was good, short." We made it into his living room, thesame one we had been in a few times before, and sat down together. Ididn't feel the same spark that we had before. It was like we wereboth nervous.

He slid a little closer to me and grabbed for my hand. I felt howgentle he was being, even just in the light grasp he had on me, and Ifelt instantly calm. "I'm glad you're here. I'm sorry foreverything earlier. Maybe my ex girlfriend bruised my ego a littlemore than I was willing to admit." I nodded. "Its okay. I forgiveyou." He leaned in and kissed me. This was different than any otherkiss I had ever experienced. Maybe I was a little biased, but it wasmuch, much better. He said he was glad to see me, which made me veryhappy I had chose to spend another day with him.

What am I going to do about the switch though? When we do switch, mypersonality is going beck into my body. I'm not sure he will beinterested in me when he sees me for real. I stopped over thinkingfor a minute and saw him looking at me. "You alright over there?"he asked me, rubbing his beard, although I don't think he realized hewas doing it. "Me? Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about some stuff."He was just about to ask me what when there was a loud knock on thedoor. Marshall's face said he wasn't expecting any company. "Whatthe-" he started to ask. I just shrugged. "This is your house."I said. He nodded and got up to answer the door. "Lauren!" Iheard him yell off in the distance. This startled me, so I got up tofind him.

When I rounded the corner the way we had come in I was stunned to seeMark standing in the doorway. "Do you know this motherfucker?"Marshall asked. I could tell he was angry. I looked away, thensighed. "Yeah, I do." he shook his head. "You gonna tell me youhad a fucking boyfriend?" "I thought we discussed this? I mean, Iwas under the impression you knew this already." "I'm sorry. Youthink I would agree to have you here today if I had known you had afucking man at home already?" He started to raise his voice. "I'msorry. It wasn't my idea, I mean, I wanted to tell you before now."He just looked at me. His eyes were large with shock and anger. "Icant fucking believe you." He started to walk away. "Lauren youlied to me." Mark then chimed in. "You said you weren'tcheating." I began to feel panic setting in. This isn't how Iwanted to do things. I wanted to dump Mark, Lauren said not to. NowI'm in this really messy situation and I had no idea how I was goingto get out. "How did you find me anyways Mark?" I asked him. Hedid think I was at work after all. "Find my iPhone." he replied.Of course. "Look, I'm sorry to both of you. And I wish I had anexcuse for this. But this wasn't my doing. I'm getting out of itright now." Both of the men who were arguing over me exchangedconfused looks as I pulled out my phone and facetimed Lauren."Ashley, I need to switch back. NOW!"

I noticed Lauren looked pretty scared, and also that she was in thebathroom. "Are you okay?" she asked me. "I was about to ask youthe same." Lauren shook her head. "Your ex is here. Did you knowhe was aggressive?" My mouth dropped open. "He swung on you?! Ohmy gosh, I'm so sorry Ashley! Not to minimize your trauma, but weneed to switch back." I pointed my phone over to angry Mark andMarshall. I could tell she wanted to ask what was going on. "There'sno time to explain, I need you to get me out of this." Laurennodded and together we said "I really do love being me." I waitedfor the sensation to hit me, but nothing. "Cmon, do it again.You've got to feel it!" I said. "I really do love being me." wesaid again. 

Suddenly, I began to feel the familiar sensation I felt a couple daysprior. I felt it radiate up my spine and out from my heart into allmy extremities. I closed my eyes, dropping my phone as the feelingovertook me. When I opened my eyes I was in my bathroom. I picked upmy phone on the ground and squealed as I looked into themirror and saw my own familiar reflection. "Lauren? You good? Itworked for me!" I heard a loud scream like something out of ahorror movie. I looked down and Lauren was in the mirror touching herface and also screaming with joy. "Lauren?!" I yelled. Shefinally grabbed her phone, looking at me, beaming. "Its good to beback in my own body." she finally said. "Ditto. Give Marshall thephone please?" She rolled her eyes and handed him the phone. He waslooking extremely confused. "Uhh, yeah?" he asked. "Marshall,the person you've been spending time with was me. I know you probablyfeel like you don't know me, but I am more than willing to give you achance to. I have grown really extremely fond of you. But if youdon't-" "Hey, wait just a damn minute." he interrupted. "You'rethe one I've been seeing?" he asked. "Well, mostly yes.""You're the one who yelled at me?" I blushed. "Yep. That wasme, unfortunately." He rubbed his beard again. "You really stoodyour ground. Not a lot of women can do that with me. You sure youwanna get into this with me?" I nodded. "Why would you even askme that? I'm crazy about you already." "Okay, okay." Laureninterjected. "This is heartwarming and all. But I need my phone.Can ya just get your ass over here and call it a day?" I nodded."I'll be right over." I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for Lauren? We tried to stay friends after this. We do still talkfrom time to time. Her and Mark did work things out. As far as Iknow, they're still together. I'm glad for this experience. Theswitch taught me a lot. Mostly, to be thankful for who you are. Youhave lots to offer and are perfect just the way you are. Don't sweatfinding someone, because they could be right around the corner.