Chapter 6

I wasfinally starting to feel a little bit better. Anything related toMarshall managed to take my mind far away from my own problems. I hadstuffed my face with more pizza than I had ever eaten in one sittingand I was very into the movie. I kept catching looks from my friendsbecause no matter how many times I watched this movie I still hadreactions to certain parts like it was the first time I had seen it.

We werejust coming up on the part where Jimmy and Alex hookup at his jobwhen my eyes got a sudden urge to close. When I did so I felt anoverwhelming sensation I had never felt before. It lasted for aboutfive seconds and I had to inhale deeply to get through it. When Ifinally reached the other side of it and was able to open my eyes, Iwas in a place I never thought I would find myself. I looked down andsaw a man underneath me. He was very focused on reaching his climax,which judging by his face he was coming close to. I was beginning tofeel one myself and realized we were in the middle of sex.

Iinstantly knew something was wrong because I was just sitting in myliving room in my pajamas watching my favorite movie. My thoughtswere interrupted as I also hit a climax. It was intense. Much moreintense than I had ever remembered one being for me. I tried not tobe too loud as to freak this mystery man out, but I had to letsomething out. Once we were both finished, I just sat there on top ofhim, unsure of what to do next. I didn't even know who this was. Do Itry to cuddle? Should I leave? Where do I go?

I heardhim clear his throat and for some reason it sounded oddly familiar."Hey. Do you wanna, ya know, get down?" I was such a damn idiot."Right." I said, nodding. I got off his waist and went into thebathroom adjacent to his bedroom. I know it sounds silly that a soundeffect like someone clearing their throat sounded familiar, but itdid. Like I had heard it a million times before, but I couldn't placea finger on where I would have heard it. I took care of what Ineeded to take care of and just as I was about to exit the bathroom Icaught a glimpse of the huge mirror that I'm now wondering how Ioverlooked in the first place. I covered my mouth because I wanted toscream when the reflection I saw wasn't my own. It was that of someblonde bimbo. She had bigger boobs than I had ever seen in my lifeand the flattest, most toned stomach ever. It was an upgrade forsure, but what the fuck was going on?

I wasinterrupted mid thought by a light tap on the door. "Lauren?" Itwas the mysterious man. I assumed he was talking to me. I was theonly one in here after all. "Yeah?" I replied. "Um, I gatheredup your clothes. Thought you might wanna put em on." I had afeeling I was being kicked out. I opened the door and who I sawstanding there was the most unbelievable sight I had ever seen.Marshall fucking Mathers. THE Marshall fucking Mathers. He had hisshirt off too. I was trying not to gawk as we had just had sex, soI'm sure we knew each other. "Thanks." I said, trying to remaincalm. As a self proclaimed Stan there are so many things I would wantto say to this man. I obviously couldn't say them as someone who hadjust slept with him. "I hate to just send you out, but I reallyneed some sleep I have a meeting in the morning and I tend to sleepbetter alone." This felt like a lie to me. But what choice did Ihave but to believe him? "Oh no, that's okay. I'm sure I havesomething to do tomorrow too." I could tell he thought that soundedweird, it did. But I didn't even know if I drove here tonight. Orwhere here is for that matter. "Okay. Well I'll leave you toit then. Feel free to shower or whatever you need." He walked away.I was in love. I mean, I had always adored him from afar. But seeinghim so, unguarded, had me hooked. 

Itook a shower and put my same clothes back on. Marshall was dressednow. I assumed preparing to walk me out. "You good?" he asked me.I must have been staring. "Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Just not wanting toleave you." He had began to walk out of the room and he stoppedmid-stride to turn and look at me. "Lauren, you know were justhooking up." he said sternly. Wow. I knew he probably had girlslying in wait like this, but I never thought I would witness it, andI never thought it would be someone like Lauren, or me, I guess."Right." I began to respond, "but I just think--" he put hishand up. "Please." he interrupted. "I just got out of arelationship and I told you, I'm done dating. I'm getting older and Ijust don't wanna deal with the bullshit. I just wanna rap. I wannarap until I cant rap anymore. Then I wanna bow out and look after myfamily. All you women are the same. You play games, and demand amajority of my time. I just cant do it anymore." I felt tearswelling up behind my eyes. Someone hurt him. But who? I would killthem. I could see the pain in his eyes and I wanted desperately totry to comfort him. He cleared his throat again, pulling me out of mythoughts. "You ready?" he asked me. "Yeah." was all I couldmanage to say back. He opened his bedroom door and I followed himthrough his beautifully decorated home to the front door.

Hehugged me which was something I didn't think I would get after theconversation we just had. He also thanked me for coming which feltstrange. I wanted to know when I would see him again but I knew Ineeded to get out of my feelings. I walked out of the door and out tothe car that I assumed was Lauren's. I got in it and started it toseem like everything was on the up and up. Once I pulled out of thedriveway and found a safe place to pull over, I decided I needed toat least text my number and see if someone on the other end washaving just as fucked up a night as I was.