Chapter 10:

I seenow why Lauren told me she hates her job so much. Her boss is a pig.I know I saw a wedding ring on his finger, but there was a coworkerin his office for about an hour during lunch and I know she wasn'tcooking for him or seeking legal advice.

Whenfive came I was more than ready to leave. The obvious physicaldifferences in Lauren and I made getting around difficult. I wasbumping into things and tripping over stuff because I couldn't seeover the massive breasts I had on my chest. I swear I don't know howshe functions. I made sure to get out to my car before Mr. Dornan hada chance to ask me to do anything. When I got out there, I textedMarshall again to make sure he still wanted me to come by. Hisresponse seemed different, and I got an eerie feeling like somethingwasn't right in his world. I decided I would go over and try tobefriend him. Maybe by getting to know him a little more personally,he would see me as more than just a hookup, which is what Laurenwanted. Although, I still hadn't figured out why when she had someonelike Mark at home.

I had notrouble getting through the gate, the guard waved me through. SeeingMarshall's house in the daytime was lovely too. It definitely didn'tlook like it belonged to someone who was middle aged, single, and aman. I parked as if I knew where to or had my own spot. I got out,expecting him to be waiting for me, but I didn't see him. I walked upto what I assumed to be the front door and as I went to knock hecalled me and instructed me to come inside the open door and to theliving room we were in last night.

Ientered the foyer as he hung up the phone and I followed the sound ofthe TV into the living room where I saw Marshall leaned over hisphone scrolling angerly through what appeared to be text messages. Idecided to simply ask him what was going on instead of trying to readover his shoulder, so I came around the couch and sat next to him. Helooked over at me when I sat down, but went right back to his phone.So I broke the silence. "Hey, everything okay?" He didn't makeany eye contact, just shrugged his shoulders. "Anything you wannatalk about?" This time he looked at me. He scoffed and said "Look,no offense, but you're only a lay to me. You're not someone who Iwould confide my emotions in." I turned away from him so he didn'tcatch the emotion in my eyes. I always showed pain in my eyes and Iwasn't sure if I would still being I had someone elses eyes rightnow. I got a hold of myself and turned back to him. He had mindlesslywent back to scrolling his phone. In a split second, he got extremelyangry and threw the phone across the room. "It looks like you needto talk to someone. And last I checked, I'm the only one here." Helooked at me again, his eyes bright blue with anger. He sighed andsaid "Alright. If you really wanna know my fucking girlfriend justdumped me.

I had noidea he was seeing someone. I was always one of those Stans who knewhe dated, but preferred not to think about it. Plus, we just slepttogether. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a single thing forhim afterwards. "Your girlfriend?" I asked him to clarify. Laurenwas older than me, maybe her hearing was bad. "Yeah. You need me torepeat it? My fucking girlfriend dumped me." "But wait." Ireplied, "Last night you were just saying you didn't wanna date. Ithought that meant-" "I don't wanna date someone like you. You'renot the type of woman I can bring around my daughters." He got upoff the couch to get his phone like he hadn't just insulted me. Ididn't know whether to cry or cuss him out or just leave. So I did acombination of the three. "Really!" I shouted as tears streameddown my face. "For the fucking record MARSHALL, you don't know asingle fucking thing about me! You haven't given a single FUCK enoughto try to know anything about me! FUCK YOU!" I got up and headedfor the exit. "No Lauren. FUCK YOU!" He yelled back. I heard himtry to come after me, but I wasn't sure if it was to apologize or toyell more fucked up insults at me. So I kept walking all the way outto my car. When I got in and closed my door I saw him on the frontporch. I backed out of the drive and left before he had a chance tosay or do anything. 

I crieda majority of the way home. I had no idea how I was going to explainthis to Mark, who is Lauren's actual boyfriend and the only man weshould be crying over. But I'm sure if I hadn't been the Stan I was,then there probably wouldn't have been so many tears. Thankfully, Iremembered it was only about six PM and Mark was still at work.