CHAPTER TEN: ARKHAM ASYLUM

JIM GORDON NARRATING:
"When I first met him, I thought of him as a criminal....I was wrong. As the year has gone on, he's helped me a lot to protect this city....without him, we would have lost a lot of important people this year....would I even be here? I don't know. When he was believed to be dead, and Bane had taken over Gotham....I began to lose hope. With the hope that I still had....I fought, I fought with everything I had, I never gave up...because if I had given up....then his crusade would have been for nothing"

SEVEN MONTHS LATER, GOTHAM CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT ROOFTOP:
Jim stood next to the search light on the GCPD rooftop, as he looked into the dark skies of Gotham, and then pulled the switch.

MEANWHILE, BRUCE WAYNE'S PENTHOUSE:
After the events that Bane had caused, Bruce Wayne had relocated to a penthouse, he had purchased in Gotham City. He sat at a chair, watching the television, then looked out of the window and saw a Bat-symbol shining into the sky, coming from the GCPD building.

MOMENTS LATER:
Bruce had arrived at the Bat-Bunker, underneath Wayne Tower, to suit up in his upgraded suit, with his symbol being made from the gun that had killed his parents. He looked up on the suit, with long black ears, a wide black bat-logo, in the centre of the torso, his black cape, went over his shoulders, with his gloves going up to his elbows. His utility belt, sat above his trunks, covering his groin area, and his boots sat just below his knees.

After he had suited up, he approached his upgraded, tank-like Batmobile and entered it. "Alfred, tell Selina I may be running a little late", Batman told Alfred, who sat at the bat computer and then Alfred responded, "I'm sure she wouldn't mind sir, you two have been dating for almost a year now", then Batman smirked and said, "we have". The Batmobile then left the bunker, as Batman drove at a high speed, leaving through a secret passage in the car park, disguised as a red shipping container.

A SHORT TIME LATER, GOTHAM CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT ROOFTOP:
Shortly, Batman had arrived at the GCPD's rooftop, to find Jim standing next to the Bat-signal. "LONG NIGHT, JIM?", Batman asked and then Jim responded, "same old, crap. Here look at this", as he passed Batman some photographs. "IT'S A TRAP", Batman said as The Joker appeared on the photo's, standing in front of two people, tied to each other's chairs. "HE'D NEVER LET ME CATCH HIM THIS EASILY...HE'S UP TO SOMETHING", Batman said to Jim, then Jim asked, "You need backup?", then Batman replied, "IF YOU DON'T HEAR FROM ME IN AN HOUR, SEND YOU MEN. UNTIL THEN...IT'S TOO DANGEROUS", Jim said, "Right...this photo was taken at south side docks, but had turned around and noticed Batman had vanished, "Everytime....", Jim said to himself as he rolled his eyes back and shook his head.

SOUTH SIDE DOCKS, SOMETIME LATER:
"I was starting to think, that ya wouldn't show", The Joker said, with a Chelsea smile cut into his mouth, with his green hair, slicked backwards, wearing a black and white tuxedo, with a black tail coat. "SHOW'S OVER", Batman said to him, as he stood behind him, "WHERE ARE THE HOSTAGES?", "I let em go...all I wanted was you Bats....I don't care about the 'hostages'".  "I KNOW THIS IS A TRAP...YOU MIGHT AS WELL TELL ME WHAT'S UP", Batman told The Joker and then, he laughed and replied, "I was thinking  about, how all this is gonna end, y'know bats. Am I gonna end up killing you, or are ya gonna kill me?", The Joker then gave Batman an evil grin and then Batman grasped onto his shoulders, threw him backwards and said, "GET IN THE CAR".

MOMENTS LATER, ARKHAM ASYLUM:
Batman had taken The Joker, to Arkham Asylum as the guards waited for them. "Isn't this quite the reunion, wassup Doc?", The Joker said as he saw Doctor Hugo Strange awaiting, "Welcome back to Arkham", he said and then looked at Batman. "We'll take it from here, Batman", Strange told him and then Batman replied, "I DON'T LIKE IT....I'M COMING WITH YOU", then Strange responded, "we are grateful for your concern, but I think you'd be better of leaving him to us. You may unsettle some of the patients", then Batman told him, "I WASN'T ASKING". As Batman escorted The Joker, the doctors and guards through the corridor The Joker began to giggle to himself, "WHAT ARE YOU UP TO?", Batman questioned and then The Joker told him, "oh, nothing much. Just planning my reunion with the old gang". The Joker was then put onto an up-right stretched and was wheeled through by two guards, "this is fun bats, fancy giving it a try?", The Joker asked, but Batman ignored him and proceeded through the Asylum. "Take him to the intensive treatment", Strange told the guards and then Batman questioned The Joker, "IS EVERYTHING A JOKE TO YOU, OR IS THIS JUST AN ACT?", then The Joker answered, "I don't really know my self, if I'm honest aha".