CHAPTER EIGHT: BANE

MOMENTS LATER:
"Aha, let's get outta here guys", The Joker said to his thugs but then suddenly, a rocket came flying at them, causing them to crash onto the ground. "Holy shit!", Jim shouted and then Batman questioned, "I'M TAKING, THAT WASN'T YOURS?", "No, it wasn't", Jim responded. "Everyone, over there now!", Jim ordered as the police ran towards the wreckage. They saw dead bodies inside the crash, but then found The Joker, with cuts and blood on him, laughing to himself, laying backwards onto the ground, "GET UP!", Batman told him as he grabbed him by the upper arm and marched him towards Jim. "You plan that, thought you'd escape?", Jim questioned and then The Joker answered, "No....someone tried to kill me...", then started giggling to himself and Jim told an officer, "get him outta here!", as he cuffed him but then Batman interrupted and told Jim, "I'LL DO IT", as he pulled The Joker towards him and marched him towards his car and then Jim said, "he needs to go to the precinct", Batman then responded, "NO...HE'S GOING TO ARKHAM", as Batman pushed The Joker onto his car.

ARKHAM ASYLUM, MOMENTS LATER:
The Joker had been delivered to Arkham Asylum, by Batman himself as well as Jim Gordon and some GCPD officers. He was then strapped to an up-right stretcher and was then wheeled down the corridors of Arkham, with The Joker giggling to himself the whole time. "TELL ME...WHAT'S SO FUNNY?", Batman questioned and then The Joker laughed and responded, "You wouldn't get it....", Batman then told him, "HELP ME UNDERSTAND THEN". The Joker carried on laughing and then one of the Arkham guards asked Jim, "you have a name for him?", then Jim responded, "No....only The Joker". The Joker was then left in a room with Doctor Hugo Strange, who greeted him by, "Welcome to Arkham....my name is Doctor Hugo Strange, and I'm the chief of psychiatry here", The Joker then looked at him with a devilish grin and then Strange told the guards to leave them, as he shut the door and began to talk to The Joker.

MEANWHILE, GOTHAM DOCKS:
Meanwhile at the docks, a group of mercenaries stood in two rows, outside of a cargo ship that had just arrived. On the cargo ship, a masked man, wearing a black and dark grey, luchador mask, with a black leather jacket, covering his torso, with black leather gloves, black combat pants and black combat boots. He was escort by two other mercenaries and another mercenaries, who was lined up told him, "the choppers down...but he survived", then the masked man, pulled out a pistol and shot him in the head, and then proceeded forward as if nothing had happened. "What's the plan?", a mercenary asked and then the masked man responded, in a South American accent, "what we came here to do", then the mercenary nodded at the others and they all marched towards a load of trucks.

THE FOLLOWING MORNING, GOTHAM CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT:
The police had finally located Harvey Dent, and had taken him to the precinct. "Did The Joker tell you anything?", Jim questioned and then Harvey answered, "No. He acted as if this whole thing was a joke, he barely even physically tortured me, he wanted to break mentally. The others on the other hand, I heard screaming constantly, he's sick", "he's in Arkham", Jim told him. "Did he say why he took you?", Jim asked him and then Harvey responded, "no...he mainly spoke about Batman, and what he thinks of him". "Take sometime off, you deserve it", Jim said to Harvey and then Harvey responded, "thanks Jim...you're a real hero, you know that right?", then Jim smiled and said, "I'll see you soon, I've gotta go do something".

MEANWHILE, WAYNE MANOR:
"He acts as if we had some sort of history in the past....", Bruce said in deep thought, as he sat in his chair, speaking to Alfred about The Joker. "He's a sick man, Bruce...maybe he's the one that makes up his own history....", Alfred suggested and then Bruce thought, "maybe I should visit him at Arkham tonight, maybe I can at least try to break through and understand him", "make sure he doesn't get into your head, he seems like someone who can do that". "He won't....", Bruce responded, as he sat back in his chair, rubbing his chin in deep thought.

GOTHAM SEWERS:
"Boss...we're got enough Titan to flood the city", a mercenary said and then the masked man responded, "we must break the bat first...before we continue, the bat must be dead. Cause a diversion...I'll deal with The Batman".