Chapter 21 (edited)

Copyrights 2012 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

This chapter was edited by the lovely @smiling_meerkat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 21:

A whole school week went by and I hadn't bumped into Stewart since Cira and Cale had 'taken care' of him. I hadn't bothered to ask Xavier about what happened to Stewart because I didn't want to upset him, so I was going to wait for the right moment to ask Cira, seeing as though I knew she would tell me.

It was finally Saturday and I couldn't wait to shop for my deb dress with Cayley.

I heard the door bell ring and rushed down the stairs to find both Cayley and Cira. They smiled and me and I gave them both a confused look.

"I invited Cira to come with us" Cayley said excitedly.

I smiled, relieved that Cira hadn't just invited herself. I knew that Cayley and Cira were friends now but there was no way Cayley would be okay with Cira just inviting herself. I hugged them both and grabbed my purse.

I shot a quick goodbye to my mum and then we decided to take my car to the shops. We arrived shortly after and headed straight towards the dress shop. We had to wear white gloves as we went looking through the dresses. Personally I though it was stupid but I could understand why the gloves were important.

As I was looking through the dresses nothing really caught my eye. I kept think about what I would look good in and what Xavier would like on me. I decided to pause my search and help Cayley out, seeing as Cira already had her dress. We looked through a rack that had the most expensive dresses, for me that was a lot of money but for Cayley it was like buying a five dollar top. I pulled a dress off the rack and showed it to her, she raised and eyebrow as she analyzed it. The dress was white of course, but it was strapless with intricate beading on the bodice and it flowed down from the waist.

She smiled and squealed. "I love it!!" she said.

I loved it too but I knew it would look fantastic on her. I handed it over to her and she went to try it on. I sat down in a chair and Cira came over and sat on the arm rest.

"I know you like that dress." Cira said softly.

I looked up at her confused. She sighed and patted my shoulder. "Don't give me that look you knew that dress would look stunning on you"

I shook my head. "Even if it did I couldn't afford it" I told her softly.

"Then let me help you pay for it" she said.

"No, I can't let you do that" I told her sternly, making sure she knew I was serious. As much as I wanted to take her up on her offer, it didn't feel right. I wanted to be able to buy my dress myself and not have Cira's help.

"Okay what do you guys think" said Cayley as she stepped out of the dressing room, holding up the skirt of the dress. The sales lady brought her a pair of heels and she stepped into the letting the skirt fall.

"You look absolutely stunning" I gasped.

She smiled as she modeled it for us. Then sighed "I like it but it'd look better on the rack then it does on me"

I stood up and walked over to her. "How can you say that? You look beautiful!"

She shook her head and the looked at me. "Try it on please" she said as she clasped my hand begging me.