Chapter 8 (edited)

Copyrights 2012 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

This chapter was edited by my amazing bestie @smiling_meerkat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8:

Officer Staten stood out side my door decked out in full police uniform. I'm talking hat, belt, gun, everything.

"Can I help you?" I asked him.

Officer Staten gave me a grim. "We have arrested Stewart, after watching the school security video. He tried to resist and is in police custardy."

I stepped aside to let him in. Officer Staten took off his hat as he stepped inside. "You can go through there" I pointed towards the living room "My dad's in the living room, I'll be right there in a minute."

He nodded and walked into the living room. I heard my dad shut his laptop and ask what Officer Staten was doing here. I quickly went into the kitchen and put my plate of food in the fridge. I had a feeling I wouldn't be able to eat while officer Staten was here. Then I went into the living room.

As I walked in Officer Staten was explaining to my dad, about what had happened with Stewart. When I came around to the couch Crissy started barking and pawing at my leg begging to be picked up. I picked her up and she snuggled close to me licking my cheek. I kissed her head and sat down. Dad looked at me in confusion. I knew mum had told him somethings about the incident but not everything, now hearing the story from a police officer was confusing him.

"Dad, Officer Staten is the one investigating my case" I told him.

Officer Staten nodded curtly. "Please sit down Officer" offered my dad as he took his seat next to me.

"Is everything okay with the case?" my dad asked.

Officer Staten nodded again. "We have taken Mr.Blake, after we saw the school security tape. We've looked at his record and this is his third offense so he will be taken into a juvenile detention centre for a while, I just thought that I would come by and alert you Miss. Romano, seeing as you won't have to worry about Mr. Blake anymore"

I let out a breath that I hadn't noticed I was holding. I was completely and utterly relieved. I wouldn't have to deal with the bullying and ridicule and more. I could go to school peacefully and hopefully people would come to see that those rumors about me weren't true.

"Now your marks were very deep considering his weapon was his nails. Have you gone to get them checked out?" asked Officer Staten which snapped me out of my thoughts.

I shook my head. I hadn't even thought of getting the marks check out they were only just starting to scab and I hadn't noticed just how deep they were until I had gotten home. I held Crissy close and scratched behind her ear for comfort as I thought about it.

"We'll go get them checked out today Officer," said Dad.

I nodded in agreement, it would be a good idea to get them checked out, I thought as I kissed Crissy's head.

"Well that will be all then, thank you for your time Mr. and Miss. Romano" said Officer Staten as he got up. Dad got up as well and offered his hand. Officer Staten shook it and then looked at me.

"Remember Miss. Romano, if any of this bullying and harassment from Mr.Blake continues just let me know. You still have my card correct?"

I nodded. "I will, thank you for coming Officer Staten." I said meekly as i got up still holding Crissy. She squirmed a little bit from my sudden movement but then settled in my arms again. Officer Staten gave me a small smile and nodded, then let dad led him to the door. I headed for the kitchen with Crissy still in my arms, my stomach rumbled and I knew I wouldn't be able to put off eating any longer.

I set Crissy down and just as I opened the fridge Cayley walked in. "Hey what was the police doing here?" she asked pointing her thumb behind her. I raised my eyebrows at her, I was surprised she was even up let alone noticed the police car.

"That was Officer Staten the one who took on board my report, he just came past to let us know that Stewart is in custody and will be taken to a juvenile detention centre." I told her.

She raised an eyebrow at me and smirked. "Good! That bastard's getting what he deserves!" she said with victory. I stared at her giving her my best 'don't start look'. As much as I felt the same way I wouldn't dare say it out loud and I didn't encourage Cayley saying it either.

"Oh wipe that look off your face, I know your thinking the same thing. And you should! That bastard had it coming, don't care if saying that is wrong, you shouldn't pity him Lena" she said.

I nodded not being able to meet her eyes. I grabbed my plate out of the fridge and put it in the microwave. "What do you want for breakfast?" I asked.

"Mmhhh" she said as she taped her chin. "Cereal, fruit loops preferably."

I smiled. She absolutely loved fruit loops it was the only reason we had it in the house just for Cayley. When I finished pouring milk into Cayley's bowl my phone went of. I grabbed it looking at the ID.

I looked at my at my phone in confusion. This number wasn't in my contact list and I didn't recognize it. I answered it cautiously.

"..Hello..?"

"Selena?" My heart melted as I heard Xavier's voice. I now loved it when he said my name. I knew I had a stupid grin on my face as Cayley sat on a bar stool propping her chin on the palm of her hand and watched me intently. My face suddenly dropped when I realized I had never given him my number. I quickly turned away form Cayley so she didn't see my face and walked into the dinning room.

"How did you get my number?" I breathed. The word stalker popping up in my head over and over again.

"Don't worry about that. I was just calling to check up on you" he said completely dodging my question.

"Answer the question Xavier"

Stalker. Stalker. Stalker. Said my brain.

"I can't Selena" he said softly.

"Please Xavier"

He sighed loudly. "I went through your phone, wanted your number so I could check up on you okay. Please don't be mad"

"You know you could have just asked me for it" I told him.

He chuckled making my heart flutter. "I know. I'm sorry"

"You really scared me for a second there. You know next time you want something all you have to do is ask" I said.

"I didn't mean to scare you Selena honest and next time I will ask. Forgive me?" he said, the tone in his voice broke my heart, as if he thought he would lose me forever.

I blew out a sigh. My brain kept telling me that I shouldn't. That I should just end our relationship here, because there was something dangerous and unusual about him.

He's not safe. He's a stalker.

My brain kept telling me, but my heart didn't want to let him go, my heart was begging me to forgive him. I was caught between and huge struggle and I didn't know what to do.

"Selena? Hello? You still there?" Xavier asked. His voice bringing me out of my struggle.

"I forgive you" I blurted.

I heard his soft sweet chuckle and it made me melt. "I'll see you later Selena" he said.

"Okay" I giggled like a little school girl.

I hung up the phone and went back into the kitchen, where I got an amused look from Cayley.

"Don't even start!" I told her holding up my hand as she was about to open her mouth to say something.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please vote if you liked this chapter 

comment and let me know what you think

love you guys

xoxoxoxoxox