Chapter 20 (edited)

Copyrights 2012 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

This chapter was edited by the lovely and amazing @smiling_meerkat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20:

I sat in my first period class missing Xavier again, but I was relieved that Stewart wasn't in this class. I only had two classes with him and Xavier was also in them with me so I knew I would be safe. I was surprised to see Cale in my class and he sat right down next to me. I tried to talk to him whenever I could without getting in trouble by Mrs.Carmack.

Cale was actually very nice, even if I didn't get much out of him. Mrs.Carmack gave us extra work that we had to do on out latest assignment. So now I would need a lot of help from Xavier. She also explained that this assignment would be a long one that would continue to the end of the term and it would count towards our reports. I sighed and filled Cale in on what he was supposed to do. He picked the Vatican in Italy, which wasn't much of a surprise because he seemed to know quite a lot about it and it made the assignment easier for him.

After the bell sounded I found Xavier standing right by the door waiting for me. I smiled grabbing my stuff and walked over to him.

He pecked my lips and took my books from me. I held his hand and we walked to our next class, Cale followed and the boys chatted. I stayed quite not wanting to interrupt this guy talk. It turned out that both Cira and Cale had the same second period class which was fun so I sat in between Cira and Xavier. Cayley sat in front of me and I smiled and hugged her.

She was so happy to see me seeing as I skipped school yesterday and Monday. I introduced her to Cira and they hit it off straight away it was like they had known each other for years. I couldn't help but smile to see Cayley getting along with Xavier sister, it really did make me happy.

"Be my partner for the science assignment." whispered Xavier. I jumped not expecting his voice but smiled and nodded.

Mr. Avram had just assigned a biology research task that was to be done in pairs though I wasn't really listening. Luckily Xavier was. Since there was an uneven amount in the class Cayley, Cira and Cale got to be in a group of three so I was happy that Cayley wasn't left by herself.

Science flew by quickly, Xavier and I were able to finish most of it and we decided that he would come back to my place tonight to help me with History assignment on his family castle. We all went to recess and Cira and Cale instantly became friends with Travis and we all sat together and talked.

I sat on Xavier's lap in the grass and relaxed that Stewart was nowhere in sight. The boys were talking about football and I was talking to the girls about the debutant presentation ball. I hadn't realized that it had come up so fast. I didn't even know if I was going to do it or if my parents would let me. I pulled out my phone and quickly text my mum.

JUST FOUND OUT DEB IS COMIN UP CAN I DO IT? XXXX
-LENA

I knew she would see it later, and I had a few days to sign up.

"You thinking about doing the debutant?" Xavier whisper in ear.

I smiled shyly and nodded. "I'd love to see you in a puffy white dress" he teased.

I pouted and crossed my arms. "If I do deb, my dress wouldn't be puffy"

He chuckled and kissed my check. "You look great in any thing you wear"