The Buddy System

Rule #1 Always have a buddy.

When you are a child you are always told to stick with someone. They were always worried that you would get lost. They were afraid to see your face on the back of the milk carton.

I would always leave my buddy. The teacher would find me across the school and put me in time out and admonish me saying, "you are the reason we made this rule."

................................

Casey's POV

"Hey Casey take this for me." Sam handed me a football and we started walking.

"What is this?" I asked holding up the football.

"Oh nothing. Just Kian's football." Sam said shrugging his shoulders. Kian was my kinda friend. He was friends with us outside of school but in school he hated us to keep his reputation clean. So we would screw with him in school.

"Okay so, why do I have it?" I asked moving my cherry red hair out of the way.

"Cause I took it." He said like he was 5 years old. I nodded and ran up to the stage with the foot ball.

"So what do you think Kian is going to do when he sees us with his football?" I said throwing it to Sam from the stage. He caught it with ease and threw it back at me.

"I don't know... What I do want to know is why you ask so many questions." He said as we played catch with the ball.

"I don't know really. I guess I just like knowing things." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"SAM! CASEY!" Kian screamed. Our heads snapped to the door to see Kian looking at us. "Give me my ball back!" He yelled.

Sam looked at me. I looked at him. I bolted for the backstage area and Sam followed behind me. I dodged through the set pieces and costume racks with Sam behind me laughing and Kian yelling at us. I ran past Trevor  and Ricky who were other friends of mine.

"Hi Ricky. Hi Trevor." I yelled as I ran past.

"Hey." They both shouted.

"You go girl." Ricky told me causing me to laugh. I kept running till we got out of the back stage area. I passed Connor on his laptop sipping coffee. He was either going through tumblr or looking at pictures of cats... probably both.

"Hey Connor!" I said passing him.

"Don't get arrested or pregnant!" He yelled at me. I laughed. I have some of the weirdest friends. Soon Sam caught up to me and I pulled him along with me to the gym. Once we got in there we weaved through the people and went into the supply closet which also served as a band room for pep band. I shut the door to the band room as Kian came to the closet door. I went over to the back door and dragged Sam out and to the bleachers.

We ran up the bleachers and sat down on the top benches. We then acted as though nothing was wrong. Soon Kian came running out while Sam and I were tossing the ball back and forth.

"You know you two are some of the weirdest and annoying people I have ever met." Kian said climbing up to us.

"Don't say that Kian you are just as weird as us. You and your okapi."

"Hey don't judge him." I held up my hands defensively. He then sat down near us. "Why do you always torture me in school?" He asked.

"Why do you always treat us differently inside school compared to outside of school? We are the same inside and out. Why treat us different?" I snapped.

"You know why I cant act differently in school to you. I would be put in exile." He said as I mouthed the last part of his sentence. He has said this stupid little speech every time I ask.

"Yeah we get that but are we really that weird?" Sam asked.

"Well yea but its what I like about you guys." Kian responded shrugging his shoulders. "You guys aren't afraid to be yourselves. I wish I could be like that." I have had enough.

"Alright then Kian. When you find the courage to be who you are, let me know." I said tossing the football back to him. I then tromped down the bleachers and off the field. I walked up the hill to get to the parking lot. I looked down and untangled my keys from pocket.

Soon my body collided with a hard mass that knocked me to the ground. I bit my lip in pain. The person grabbed my wrist and pulled me up. "Are you okay?" he said.

"That hurt." I then rubbed my hip. "Who do you think you are?" I snapped.

"I don't think. I know I'm JC." He said with a cocky smirk.

"Well JC. I don't think I have ever seen you around so I'm guessing that you are new. As a piece of advice I would say to stay way from me." I said pulling my keys out hitting the unlock button.

"Why would I want to stay away from a girl like you?" He asked leaning on his right leg. He ran a hand through his curly brown hair that I just wanted to put my hands through.

"Because I'm the reason they make all the rules." With that I walked to my car but he called back at me.

"You are not the only one that they write the rules for!" He said then put down his penny board and road away. I then finished my walk to the car and left the school grounds.

Once I was home I quickly ran up to my room and shut the door. I flipped on my stereo and blared my music while I went on my computer to finish my homework.

A/N

Whats up guys... Jess here. So I have started a new book! My first o2l book. I truly hope you guys like it I'm a little apprehensive about it. I'm not too sure on the book so give me some feedback. I really appreciate it and I have 2 chapters set up and ready and a sequel set up for one of my other books. My year is going to be very busy and I'm not going to have a lot of time for writing but when I do. I'm gunna bomb you guys with a bunch of updates and such and I'm gunna keep you updated on whats happening.

As always vote and any questions, comments, complaints, concerns please feel free to contact me

Song of the chapter

Feel The Love by Rudimental ft John Newman

I'm watching Gabriel Iglesias: Im Not Fat... Im Fluffy (So funny)

Recommended book of the chapter

Tutor Me Mr. Cutie~Luke Hemmings by lukes-haribo (Its so cute and I love it so much)

CaseyandSamarethereasonsforrulesandsoisJC?asdfghjkl...BYE

I love you all <3