CHAPTER 13: Parents and Teachers

Saturday, 7:30 am (the day of the Parent Teacher Conference)

Keita Irie drove his still like-new sleek black Lexus to the local Chrysanthemum Hotel in the commercial area of Hinasaki City along with the properly uniformed Jun Takakage sitting at the front passenger seat. They were there to have an early breakfast with Jun’s parents, Minoru and Mayuka Takakage, who just arrived in Hinasaki City via the shinkansen train paid for by Keita Irie himself, being the current employer of Jun’s part-time job as an at-home secretary, or “girl friday,” as part of his gratitude for doing a marvelous job organizing, sorting, and filing the documents and other things scattered around his office den back at Stardust House. His sponsoring for her parents’ arrival at Hinasaki City also included the hotel fees and other necessary fees, which was why he also came along to be with her family so he too could get to know them better. Almost all night that he and Jun finished what needed to be finished as part of his position being CEO and president of StarPros so he can have the entire day Saturday off to live as a father.

Once they reached the entrance, Keita paid the valet a small fee to drive and park his car at the appropriate parking lot. They were to meet the parents at the lobby area of the hotel. From there, they will be going to the famous Matchy’s Hilltop Restaurant, where Keita admitted to Jun that the StarPros execs and himself would always hold their early morning breakfast meetings there. Not only that restaurant was so swanky that only the elite families throughout Hinasaki City, that restaurant also won plenty of awards for having the best, high-quality breakfast menu that is only worthy of the most elite of the elite. Keita brought up a few memories from the past on how he used to take his entire family, that is, his late wife Hiroka and his two children, Taisuke and Kairi, for lunch and dinner whenever the right time came. He also took a few of his top talent from StarPros as well, such as Kaito Ichinose, Shunta Tenjou, Kotaro Himemiya, and Takeru Shinoda. This was the first time that he took a non-celebrity guest to the restaurant and he was simply happy and proud of doing so.

The two waited at the seats for the Takakages to arrive. While they waited, Keita opened a conversation with his current at-home employee and his daughter’s new best friend. Although they always had conversations before since the two work with each other whenever he worked at home, this was the first time that they talked about something a bit more personal.

So, it’s true that no boy has ever asked you out? That’s a shame,” Keita gave a slight frown. “Boys these days are becoming a whole lot more shallow than ever. They really can’t see anyone past through the eyeglasses, can they?”

I’m not really worried about it, Irie-san,” Jun replied to him softly. “After all, I am saving myself completely for someone special. I will wait forever if I have to.”