CHAPTER 9: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

About a month passed and many things changed. In short, early May. Around this time, all the sakura petals from the trees were already blown away. Spring was already in the middle and the signs of summer were already peaking, even if it wasn’t June yet.

So many things have happened during these past weeks or so since my special sakura roundabout moment with Kaito. Let’s just say, that night really gave away many changes. For one thing, Kaito have been coming home late again, but it wasn’t because of his closet gigolo habit. In fact, because the movie project has gone really hectic that all the people involved had to stay after hours to get certain projects done. When Kaito came home very late, as in three in the morning late, he wasn’t alone. Tai-nii, Mirai, the other three boys, and sometimes Dad would come home together around that hour. In short, Jun and myself have always been alone at the real Stardust House with Sara-san. On the other hand though, Jun and I really don’t know what’s actually going on with the rest of these teen celebrity tenants since they were always away being busy with the movie project. When we’re at school, all we can talk about are school and the happenings around school and other usual stuff such as the latest J-League and MLB baseball games and their results. The only time that we actually got together having fun was during school baseball games so we can watch Dori, class rep Hara, Hasegawa, and the entire Maple Leaves baseball game play against other schools. For the first time in Momiji Academy baseball history that the Maple Leaves have had an impressive undefeated start. Gradually the entire baseball team were also becoming popular among the kids too that even other teen idols and rich kids were also looking up to the team with so much admiration. Shinoda and Himemiya were joking around when they said they would think up of a cool nickname for Dori and then trend it around school and possibly around the high school baseball scene. Other than that, I haven’t noticed anything different between the tenants so I can’t really judge or suspect of any changes without me worrying about them.

Because of the serious hectic schedules, Dad finally allowed select outsiders (outsiders as in those who aren’t in showbiz whatsoever, you know, the common people) to come and visit Stardust House for school purposes, such as group studying and all that. Even if that was the case, the StarPros idol tenants had to choose which one of those people can come and visit without any special appointments with Dad. Those people are none other than the singers and songwriters club (yes, there’s still just seven members up to now) and even the entire Maple Leaves baseball team (the batting range in school had to go through renovations and so Dad allowed the entire baseball team to do their batting training at the family batting range), and even the girlfriends of the four handsome senpais (after all, Mayumi-senpai and Ema-senpai, Kaname-senpai’s and Gin-senpai’s girlfriends, are in the same homeroom class as Tai-nii and Mirai). That also included two faculty members, of course, that being Tachibana-sensei and her older brother Ogina-sensei, the baseball coach and manager.

Speaking of Tachibana-sensei, she and Dad haven’t met face to face yet. We thought that Sunday meeting with the director was the day that they were finally going to meet. Sadly, Dad had an emergency at work so he couldn’t make it. Since then they haven’t had the chance on setting up a time to meet. Even when we sometimes hold our club meetings at Stardust House, Tachibana-sensei and Dad still haven’t seen each other or even exchanged greetings with each other. Then again, we still got three years, as long as I’m around.

For Golden Week back in early May, the tenants had a chance to go home to their families. The exception though were Jun and Kaito, who decided would spend their Golden Week with the Irie Family instead. In short, Dad, Grandpa, Aunt Ibuki, Tai-nii, and me instead. We didn’t stay home, of course, for Golden Week was also perfect timing for us to travel out of town. May 3rd, known as Constitutional Memorial Day, was Mom’s birthday. She would have been forty on that day, but on the morning of April 29, we traveled by shinkansen and by local train to Nijibei Village, where Mom and I used to live for seven years.