Part 8: A Tutorial On Basic Human Knowledge

Romeo woke up in the morning, thanks to a wake up nudge from Jesse, and it seemed as if no time had passed since he had shut his eyes. Jesse was already awake and wearing her outfit for the day. She wore cornflower blue overalls, a yellow hairclip, dusty red lipstick, a white short-sleeved shirt with red sleeves, and brown loafers. Jesse was sitting on top of her bed cross-legged. "You ready to go?" Jesse asked him.

"Let me get dressed first," Romeo mumbled. He wearily got up from his bed.

"I think you should get changed in the bathroom... so I don't have to close my eyes. Meet me in the lobby," Jesse suggested. Romeo nodded and walked to the closest bathroom. He changed into his gray v neck t-shirt, blue jeans, and red converse. He exited the bathroom and strolled to the lobby, where Jesse was confronted by none other than the Blaze Rods.

"I told you this wasn't over," Aiden sneered. Jesse unsheathed her diamond sword, but Aiden immediately disarmed her.

"Stop!" Romeo shouted. Aiden's attention was now on Romeo. "I'm the one you want. It's going to be a lot harder for you to hurt Jesse if she's got someone with powers protecting her," Romeo told him. Aiden's mouth twisted into a terrible, malicious grin.

"Thank you for telling me that," Aiden said coldly. He threw his iron axe at Romeo, but Jesse jumped in the way. Her body fell to the ground. Jesse's chest began to ooze with blood in the exact spot where her heart resided. Romeo's eyes widened. He rushed to her side and began to shake her body back and forth.

"No no no no no no no," Romeo panicked. Jesse seemed to be getting weaker by the second. "Why did you do that?" Romeo questioned. Jesse took a desperate gasp for air. Her expression was dismal, as if she knew she was at death's door.

"I couldn't just let you die," Jesse replied. Jesse gasped for breath again. "Make sure that Axel, Olivia, Petra, Lukas, and Radar know that they're the best friends anyone could ever have. Tell all of them goodbye, okay?" Jesse continued. Tears rolled down her face.

"Jesse, I couldn't save you. I'm so sorry," Romeo apologized. Jesse shook her head.

"No one can save everyone. I learned that a long time ago," Jesse answered. She managed the best smile she could. "Hey... on the bright side I'll get to see Reuben again," Jesse stated. Romeo began to cry silent tears.

"Yeah. You will," Romeo agreed. Jesse's body vanished, and all that was left was her inventory... a cookie and her keyring.

Romeo let out a cry of despair and jolted up in his bed. Suddenly Jesse's eyes shot open. She let out a startled yelp, then she fell out of her bed and onto the floor.

"Ow. Pain everywhere," Jesse groaned. With support from her own hand, she managed to stand up. Romeo ran towards Jesse and nearly tackled her with a tight hug. After he hugged Jesse for ten seconds, he broke away.

"Jesse, you're alive!" Romeo exclaimed. Jesse's expression was one of complete and utter confusion.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" Jesse questioned. Realization crossed her face. "Oh. You had a nightmare, right?" Jesse comforted.

"I did. You died to save me," Romeo told her. Jesse gently hugged him for five seconds. She then smiled at him warmly.

"We should wear armor to Redstonia to make sure that doesn't happen," Jesse said. Romeo beamed at her.

"Yeah! That's a great idea!" Romeo agreed. Jesse let out one of her clear, light, and warm laughs.

"How about we get some sleep first?" Jesse replied. Just the thought of falling asleep again made Romeo nervous. The last thing he wanted was another nightmare. But he did need to sleep, so he didn't have any choice but to climb back into his bed and lie down.