Chapter 26

Chapter 26

*Lizi’s P.O.V*

The past few days have been great! Harry and I have laid low in his house and he’s been treating me like a princess. We’ve spent our days cuddled up on the sofa watching films. Today though we’re travelling back up to Holmes Chapel because I have my scan tomorrow and it gives Harry time to see his family.

“Babe, it’s time to wake up.” I hadn’t even realised I’d fallen asleep but as I looked around, I realised we were parked outside Anne and Robin’s house. “Come on, time to go in.” He smiled as he opened the passenger door. Wait, when did he get out and come round? I must have been tired. I yawn and step out, heading straight up the path to my second home and laughing as I hear Harry huff, turning to see him picking up our bags and trudging up the driveway behind me.

The door opens before I even have time to say anything and I’m enveloped in a hug from Anne.

“Erm your son is here too you know mam!” Harry huffs, playfully rolling his eyes while trying to contain his smirk as she pulls away from me, eyes wide and engulfs him in a tighter hug. I take my bag from Harry and walk into the living room, noticing the table already set up for 7.

“Dinner for 7?” I ask, puzzled.

“Yeah, your mam’s coming over with Jack!” Robin looks up from his paper and smiles at me before turning his attention back to the paper.

“And they’ll be here in an hour.” Anne says while ushering Harry up the stairs to put the bags away. “Harold! You missed one!” She playfully scolds as Harry follows her outstretched arm to my bag which sits at my feet.

“I’ll take it up now Harry, don’t worry.” I say, even though he knows his mam’s only joking, I can see he’s getting a bit fed up.

“No you won’t dear, you’ve got to rest up!” She replies before he even has the chance.

“I’m not that far gone yet Anne, I can still do things myself.” I smile and pick the bag up before following Harry up the stairs.

As I push open his door, I find him sat on the edge of the bed, staring out of the window. I still find it amusing how his room still hasn’t changed in all these years, the only difference from when we were little is the single bed being replaced by a king sized one. His old action figures are still displayed on a shelf and I can’t help but giggle at the memories of us playing with them for hours on end. He looks up at me with a puzzled expression.

“I was just thinking about how your room looks exactly the same as it did when we were like 7, except for the bed.” I say as he smirks slightly and beckons me over. As I walk over, I notice his smile doesn’t reach his eyes.

“What’s wrong?” I ask as I stand between his spread legs, resting my arms on his shoulders either side of his head. He shakes his head and I giggle again, this time at the sensation his hair causes. “Tell me.” I say when I calm down, tilting his head to face me with my index finger.

“It’s stupid. It’s just that since we got here, mams been on about the whole you taking it easy thing and I know that it doesn’t really matter so much at the moment but the further along you get, the more help you’re gonna need and I probably won’t be here to help you.” I can’t help the smile that creeps onto my face, he’s worried about me, even though he doesn’t need to be.

“I told you it was stupid.”

“No Harry, it isn’t stupid, it’s cute. But you don’t have to worry about me, I’ll have both our families to help out if I need it when you’re not here, and do you really think I’m gonna be away from you for long? I’m gonna come out and join you on tour whether people like it or not yeah?” I say, ending my mini speech by placing a quick kiss on his lips, which he deepens automatically, pulling me closer as he lies back on the bed. I take control and start to slide my hands underneath his shirt but as soon as he realises what I’m doing, he flips us over so that I’m lying beneath him and his thighs are either side of my waist, supporting himself on his arms. He detaches his mouth from mine and smirks as I whine from the loss of contact before reattaching his lips to the skin where my neck meets my jaw as he begins to work his way down my torso with his hands, unbuttoning my shirt, his lips following his hands down, placing kisses along my torso, stopping just above my stomach.