The Party

A/N - Yes I know the pic above is Harry and Gemma as kids but just imagine its a slightly younger pic of the twins okay? I couldn't find a picture that satisfied me enough to look like how I imagine them.

-------------------------------------------------

*Lizi's POV*

It's the twins brthday today and their party is set to start in about an hour. I've finished setting up the decorations, choosing to keep it simple as we have done every year. Gemma has just brought the cakes over which both look really cool! Kellin's is decorated with Star Wars characters and Darcy's looks like a giant castle.

 Gemma has just brought the cakes over which both look really cool! Kellin's is decorated with Star Wars characters and Darcy's looks like a giant castle

Harry hasn't arrived yet and I can't get hold of him either

Harry hasn't arrived yet and I can't get hold of him either. He said he'd be home last night but I went to bed alone.

*

The twins arrived with my mam about five minutes ago and our family and friends have started arriving and there's still no sign of Harry and no-one can get hold of him.

"Mammy where's Daddy?!"

"I don't know Darce, why don't you head out in the garden and play with the kids until tea?" She nods and runs off as Gemma enters. "Still no word?" She just shakes her head in response. Sighing, I head into the living room where the band and their partners are.

"Any sign on Harry yet Lizi?" Liam asks. Shaking my head, he sighs and pulls Cheryl closer to him. "Well I can't wait any longer. I know this is meant to be the twins' party but it's rare we all get together and there's something we need to tell you all. We're having a baby!"

There's smiles and congratulations all around, with everyone genuinely pleased that the couple are finally starting a family. After a few more minutes of chat, I decide that we can't wait for Harry forever so call the kids in for to open their presents and for food before the disco starts. As everyone sits around the room, we take turns in handing out the gifts, Kellin loving his Manchester United replica football kit and Star Wars goodies. Darcy mainly receiving Disney Princess dolls and goodies although the smile was absent from her face.

"Darce, what's wrong hun?" My mam asks as she notices the lack of response after opening one of the toys she'd been begging for for ages.

"This sucks. Why isn't Daddy home?! I WANT DADDY!" She screams before running off up the stairs. I go to go after her, being stopped by Anne, who says she'll go.

Throughout the disco, I try to contact Harry but with no luck. Darcy refused to come out of her room but Kellin seems to be enjoying himself surrounded by everyone.

Once everyone left and I put a sleepy Kellin to bed, I went to check on Darcy to find my little princess led crying into her pillow. "Darce?"

"Go away!" Ignoring her remark, I sat on the edge of her bed before gently coaxing her to look at me. "I want Daddy!"

"I know you do sweetheart, I do too."

"Where is he? Doesn't he love us anymore?" That breaks my heart. "Of course he loves us, maybe filming ran over or his flight got delayed." I'm clutching at straws, knowing that he would have let us know if either was the case. "Just try and get some sleep and you never know, he may be home by the morning." Sniffling and nodding she climbs into bed, instantly falling asleep. I sigh, quickly kissing her forehead before carefully closing the door and heading downstairs.

*

It's about 3am and I've just finished writing an article and ready to head to bed when I hear the front door open.

"Why are you still up babe?" I almost melt into him as he wraps his arms around me, until I remember the crying eight year old upstairs, pushing his arms away from me before turning around and glaring at my fiance.

"Where were you?"

"I've just landed."

"We've been trying to contact you for the last 24 hours! Liam and Cheryl announced they're expecting a baby and you have an eight year old daughter crying herself to sleep upstairs saying her Daddy doesn't love her because you missed her birthday party. You could have at least let us know that you were going to miss it!" I hiss, trying to keep my voice down to not wake the children but still loud enough to get across that I'm pissed.

"I'm sorry. My flight got delayed."

"That doesn't explain the fact you didn't even bother to let us know! I'm going to bed." I brush past him and head up the stairs.