Chapter 9

Chapter 9

*Lizi’s P.O.V*

“Sis! Are you ready?” Jack calls up the stairs, 5 minutes after he asked before!

“I’ll be 5 minutes!” I shout back. I wish he’d tell me where we’re going! All he said was to wear something nice but not fancy. Once I finally decided on a salmon pink lace shift dress, black tights and black ankle boots, I quickly did my makeup and brushed my hair into a low side pony, securing the shorter sections in place with Kirby grips, I picked up my leather jacket and headed downstairs. Jack was wearing dark wash denim jeans and a button-up red checked shirt.

“Where are we going?” I ask as we head to my brothers blue mini cooper.

“We’re going out for dinner. Thought I’d cheer you up.” He says as we buckle up and he starts the car. About 5 minutes into the journey, I give up asking where we’re going as he won’t tell me and start to play around with the radio, flicking through the stations until I find Capital FM.

About 10 minutes later we arrive at The Yellow Broom Restaurant.

“We’re eating here??” I turn to my older brother in awe! The Yellow Broom is an expensive restaurant but it does the most amazing food! He just nods and kills the engine.

“Well come on then!” I hadn’t realised that he’d got out of the car, I unbuckle my belt and walk up to the beautiful building. As we walk inside, I notice that it’s completely empty.

“Why’s it so quiet?”

“Well it is the middle of the afternoon, everyone’s either in work or school etc.” That’s true. Jack tells the hostess the name and she leads us into a room just off the back of the main dining hall.

“Take a seat and I’ll be back in a few minutes to take your order.” I nod at the pretty waitress and sit down.

“I’m gonna go to the loo a minute, won’t be long.” I nod in response as my brother heads back out the way we came. A few seconds later, I hear the guitar chords to a song on the radio that I recognise. I didn’t realise that 5 Seconds of Summer had released this song? Especially considering Harry told me it was the one they wrote for the EP for their first single… My questions were answered when the lyrics are sung by a very distinctive and raspy voice, a voice that only belongs to one person. I slowly turn to look behind me and see Harry wearing my favourite Ramones t-shirt, his famous black skinny jeans and white Supras. He was holding an acoustic guitar and strumming the chords while singing.

It started out like the movies

But it ended like a bad dream

Curtain opened, heard the crowd roar

This one’s a repeat, seen it before

Rewind to the stuff before it all went wrong

What’s going on?

Fast forward to the end after everyone’s gone home

And they forgot it all

This ain’t a movie that I wanna see

A tragic story, starring you and me,

Now cut, we’re stuck inside this scene

This is heartache on the big screen