Prologue

Prologue

“Harry push me higher!” I squealed. We’re at the park and I made Harry push me on the swing, it was quiet meaning that we weren’t disturbed by little kids wanting to go on the swings. As I swung back, I was nearly thrown off the seat when Harry grabbed the bottom of it to stop it.

“HARRY!!” He just laughed in response, god his laugh is amazing! I bet his dimples are showing too! “I said push me higher not stop!” Suddenly I’m pushed forward on the swing and see Harry running underneath my legs so that he’s now stood in front of me, curls flying in the wind and as I predicted, dimples showing, he looked so adorable! I swung for a bit longer, letting the momentum slow down while Harry was still laughing. I loved his childish side, it’s so adorable!

“Come on, let’s get ice cream!” He jumped up and down as he pulled me off the swing and dragged me towards the ice cream van. I laughed, I swear it’s hard to remember that he’s actually 16. We continue to stroll through the park while eating our ice creams until we found our little hideout. Well it’s not really a hideout but it’s a quiet clearing just down by the river that people rarely come to. Harry sits down by a tree and beckons me over, I sigh as I sit beside him.

“What’s up?” He turns to look at me, bright green eyes boring into my deep blue.

“I’m gonna miss this when you go.”

“Hey, I’ll be back, it’s only an audition. I’ll never get through.”

“Of course you will, you have an amazing voice. Where’s the confidence mister?!”

Lying in bed thinking back to the times when we were always together is something I’ve been doing a lot lately. You see, there’s not a lot else I can do really. I’ve never been very outgoing and always found it hard to make friends because of my shy personality so Harry was my only friend really, well the only one I fully trusted and who knew everything about me. Well everything bar one secret that I don’t want him to know about. When he left for the audition, I didn’t think he’d never come back again. I mean, I knew he was an amazing singer and that he would go far but for it to take off so quickly. Yes I’m talking about the curly haired one from One Direction, Harry Edward Styles. We’ve been best friends since nursery and I’ve had a huge crush on him for about 6 years now but he doesn’t know and never will. I don’t want to ruin our friendship over my crush, besides he’d never feel the same way. I sighed. I really miss my best friend.