Chapter 7

This is an image of a delivery room for pregnant women. I found this image on https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/giving-birth/labor-and-delivery/anatomy-of-a-delivery-room/.

Recap:

All of sudden, Diane's.... 

End of Recap:

All of sudden, Diane's face turns a ghostly white and a liquid gushes down her legs. She notices theliquid surrounding her on the floor.  

Nurse Betty Allen from the delivery department, walks up to Diane and says, "Diane, darling, it's time, let's get you to the delivery room."     

 Diane looks up from thefloor a bit confused. She didn't believe Betty for one second, at least that's what she is telling herself. "What are you talking about? I am fine. Totallyand completely fine." 

Diane slowly startsto back away, towards the door. "Diane, you are going to have a baby. We need to get you to the delivery room."     

Diane, scared out ofher wits says, "Its going to have to wait till after my two procedures."     

Aaron chimes in "Diane you're about to have your own procedure, let's go. I'm so glad I came to the baby shower."     

*****

 After excruciating pain, long hours, too much pushing and an epidural, Diane and Aaron's baby girlhas been born. Diane looks at her baby getting cleaned up by the nurses. Then sheis gently placed in her arms.    

Diane looks up at Aaron, and says, "Didn't expect that, did you?"     

Aaron rolls his eyes and says in a whisper, "Diane, I really didn't expect this to happen but hey here we are."      

Diane smiles, filled with a joyous feeling and says, "Aaron, what do you think of the name Joy Veronica King." 

Aaron smiles widely, "I love the name sweetheart. She is our bundle of joy." 

Diane is so happy holding baby Joy in her strong arms, ready to protect her, love her, and help guide her to a bright and wonderful future. Diane stops and thinks for a moment But what does that future entail for Joy? Do I become a stay at home mom or do I go back to work? I just don't really know.