Chapter 3

This is where the cover image came from https://www.amazon.com/slp/purple-scrubs/zu5kge4rrjxs96a. 

The above image is what Diane's scrubs look like for work.

Diane wakes up at 4:30 am to get ready for the day. She does her daily bathroom routine, and she puts on her normal purple scrubs (Picture Above, cover image). Diane puts her electric red, curly hair in a black scrunchie ponytail. She kisses sleeping Aaron on the cheek, and pats Maggie who now occupies the warm spot that she once slept on. She goes and grabs a pair of white socks to match her comfortable white tennis shoes. Wearing sneakers is a nice perk for Diane especially while pregnant. 

Diane goes downstairs and gets a cup of Donut Shop Nutty Caramel flavored coffee. Diane allows herself one cup of caffeinated coffee per day to go along with her bowl of Cheerios and fresh strawberries.

 After she eats, she grabs her car keys and wallet, then walks out the door and gets in her navy blue, 2017 Infiniti (Picture below)

(This is where the above image comes from: https://www.consumerreports.org/suvs/new-2017-infiniti-qx30-first-drive-review-video/) (This is what the car looks like)

(Play this song now)

 On her way to work,she turns the heat up, turns the radio on and hits the CD button. Natasha Bedingfield's "Pocketful of Sunshine" comes on and the song makes a smile appear on Diane's bare face. Diane tries to relax herself in the car, before work. 

Diane's mom'swords echo in her head "It is always good to relax yourself before work,especially if it's in a stressful environment." Those words she has taken toheart, ever since she told her mom she wanted go to med school to be acardiologist. Her mom is a retired heartsurgeon, and she often goes to her mom for career advice and emotional support.

    Diane sets a mentalreminder to call her mom about the maternity leave and going back to work. Diane recalls her mom, Nina saying that she always puts too much unnecessary pressureon herself. Diane recognized in herself a long time ago that she always putpressure on herself. Diane thinks back, I used to be such a perfectionist aboutthings, it got so bad that my anxiety would increase a lot. Now that I'm a cardiologist and pregnant, Ifeel like that same pressure is back. Diane sighs and her thoughts drift towhat she is really going to do after the baby is born. Diane's thoughts bring up many insecurities about herself that she wishes would go away.

   Diane is almost atwork. She has to make two more right turns and she'll be there. However, Diane isn't thinking about the destination or work. Diane is thinking about how she is going to balance agreat career and being a mother. Diane makes the first right while the song 'Love like This' by Natasha Bedingfield is playing in the background. She startsto sing and clear her mind.

 Diane is almost atwork. She has to make two more right turns and she'll be there. However, Diane isn't thinking about thedestination or work. Diane is thinking about how she is going to balance agreat career and being a mother.

(Play this song here) 

Diane makes the first right while the songLove like This by Natasha Bedingfield is playing in the background. She starts to sing and clear her mind.

    Diane makes the last right into the hospital parking lot and pulls into an employee parking spot.She turns off the car, rubs her stomach, and says aloud "Alright breathe in,breath out. Try to relax yourself before going to work." Diane pauses,continues to rub her stomach, and then proceeds to talk to her belly, "Baby, Ilove you so much already. Hey, don't kick that hard, hehe. I know you want a name instead of being called baby, but we don't even know you yet! Ok, I am officially going insane. I am talkingto my belly in public."

 Diane quickly gets out of her car and rushes to the thirdfloor, the cardiology wing. Diane makes her way to her large corner office. Shesits at her desk and logs onto her Dell, desktop computer. Diane is now in her  work mode and it'stime to get started.