Lillith's Father: Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen: 

On January fifth, exactly two weeks after Lillith Deacon had been taken, the students of Hogwarts fought to get into the school, excited to be back where they were welcomed and never shunned. Excited to talk to friend's they hadn't seen in over three weeks.

Ron Weasley was excited to see Lillith Deacon and give her the letter his brother Fred had threatened him about.  

'If this doesn't reach Lily, I will fill all of your foods and drinks with potions that will make your hair turn pink, your freckles turn into warts, your feet will smell horrible and you'll grow and shrink at incredible rates, you will throw up after every meal with the potions and candies I will give you.  So this goes to Lily, thank you ickle-Ronnykins.' Fred had smiled as if it was all a huge joke, and perhaps it was, but Ron definitely did not want to take that chance.  

Harry and Hermione accompanied him as he set out to find the black haired, pale skinned girl.  Normally, she was hard to miss.  But today proved to be exceptionally hard to find their friend.  

'You three! Up to the Headmaster's office.' McGonagall stopped them in the halls, pointing towards where they needed to go.  Hermione thought about speaking up, asking her if she knew where Lily was, but McGonagall seemed serious, whatever Dumbledore wanted them for was important and all three of them realized it.

'Lillith Deacon has gone missing, as of December twenty-second.' The man with the beard intoned, then proceeded to tell him all he safely could without risking their lives anymore than their lives were already at risk.

===========================

I gasped, backing away from the cell doors as I finally realized who it was. My entire body began shaking, of anger and terror mixed.   She was beautiful, with dark brown curly hair, eyes that glittered with hatred, they had a crazed glint to them as well.  Her teeth were white and impeccable and her lips were colored a bright, cherry red.  

The worst part was, I knew her.  I didn't know her name or her favourite colour, but I knew who she was.  

The woman who had killed Sirius.

"Oh dear girl! I haven't seen you in ages," her voice was sickly sweet, laughter behind every word as if she was in the midsts of telling the most amazing joke ever heard by wizard-kind.  I just stared up at her blankly.  "How's your father doing?  Oh.. that's right.  Cousin Bella killed daddy," she sneered, her lips curling unattractively.

Did she just say cousin? I wondered briefly before decided that if I was going to go along with my cruddy plan, I'd better start now.  As much as this would hurt, it had to be done.

"Well good going then, it's about time someone did it," I didn't think my words would be taken seriously, I couldn't even fool myself as I tried to pretend as if it didn't matter, or even that I was happy that Sirius was gone.  

I'm sorry.

"Oh, a naughty girl are we?  What's the matter, dearest, didn't you love your daddy?"  

I forced my lips to curl as I shook my head, staring up at her with the least amount of fear as I could muster.  It was hard staring a crazed woman in the eye though and soon, I was looking down at my feet, wiggling them in order to gain some movement.  They were frozen stiff.  

"I like you, Lillith Black."  

Her voice was deadly though, her eyes glittering reminded me of a predator about to strike down its prey.  I remained calm. I didn't back away like my body desperately wanted, though my mind begged and shouted at me to run.  Shift into my animagus form and dart between her legs.   I knew I wouldn't get far, so instead I sat quietly, looking into her eyes defiantly.  

"Who are you?" I questioned, grimacing as I pushed myself up, not wanting to feel so inferior as she towered over me. The small cut on my hand from the rock earlier stung but I didn't pay it much attention.  

"I am Bellatrix Lestrange, our Dark Lords most valued servant and cousin to your father."  

It was as if she expected me to 'ooh' and 'aah' at her revelation, like I should bow down to her.  She was in for a rude awakening.  "All right then." I blinked, staring up at her like she meant no more to me than a box of rocks, though on the inside I was terrified.  She could torture me for acting like this, she could kill me even.  

But she didn't.  Instead, Bellatrix Lestrange laughed, sending shivers and chills down my spine before she grabbed my arms in her claws.  

"Follow me."  

I expected us to travel out of the underground prison, through winding halls and move passed many doors, but we came out of the prison, through one large room and into another, and there he was.  I swallowed thickly, biting the inside of my cheek as Bellatrix pulled me ever closer.  I didn't want this.

I wanted to go home now.  

Please take me home now.  

I was thrown in front of him by Bellatrix, and I stumbled, falling on my hands and knees.  But I didn't try to move.  This was probably the best way to face him.  Show him I submitted to him.  Come on, Lily, you can do this.  Dont mess this up, my mind warned me.  

Voldemorts face kept flashing through my mind, pale chalky white skin, red eyes, no nose, pale lips, no hair.   He was a thing of nightmares, the boogyman under the bed, the pedophile offering candy.. and I kneeled directly in front of him.  

I was too scared to even look up, so I kept my eyes downcast, berating myself on being so pathetic. I heard the shuffling of clothing, and I barely tilted my head up, noticing that where Voldemort had previously been seated, was no empty, and instead I realized with a jolt of horror that he was walking towards me.  

"Lillith Deacon, I've been dying to meet you."

[[A/N: BAM.  I think that's the 3rd cliffhanger in a row, and the 4th chapter in less than two days.  I have a killer headache but I think I'm going to try to start on the next chapter now too, because my son comes back tomorrow, so I wont be able to write quite as often :) Vote/Comment/Fan/<3]]