Lillith's Father: Chapter Four:

Chapter Four:

The Dark Lord sat, once again, on his throne-like chair, and if you were to look at him, you'd think him relaxed but his Death Eaters knew better.

“When can I have her?”

“Severus said he needed until the end of the year.” Bellatrix pouted prettily, hoping to capture her Lord's attention.

“He has until the Christmas holidays.”

“Yes My Lord, I will tell him.”

-

Severus paced in his chambers, wondering how he could possibly do what the Dark Lord wanted without letting his Lily getting hurt, or worse, dead.

According to Bellatrix, he had exactly two months. Christmas.

His eyes rested on the one picture he had of Lily Evans but instead of thinking about his deceased Love, he thought of his daughter.

His Lily.

==========================

Lily,

I've missed you, terribly actually. I keep wondering if you've started running again, or if you eat like you should. Are you staying happy?

The shop is really slow-going now that all the students are at Hogwarts, apparently 'adults' don't play pranks.

Well except George and I, we're the exception, you know.

How is ickle Ronnie-kins doing, is he keeping you company....

==

I kept reading on through the letter, smiling occasionally at some random joke told throughout it. I had been worried that without me constantly around that Fred would forget about me, or he'd find someone better who wasn't as depressed.

But the letter cleared that up, it was obvious that he actually missed me, despite me always being the stick-in-the-mud.

-

Love, Fred G. Weasley

-

I stared at the word. Love. Did he love me or was that just something he said at the bottom of any letter?

“I'll figure it out later...” I muttered to myself before heading towards the Quidditch field. I'd noticed lately that while I hadn't been eating a lot, I also hadn't been exercising and so naturally, I'd put on a few pounds.

Ones I really didn't need.

It wasn't that I thought I was fat either, by no means was I. It was just that... Fred wanted me as I was, so what happened if I changed and he didn't find me attractive anymore? Fred could have a lot of girls, he could choose from them all. He was handsome, smart and funny not to mention well off in the money department.

...and what did I have?

I had a messed up past with abusive parents, a biological father I never even knew until I was fifteen who had been a criminal as far as most people were concerned. I had a boy who claimed to be my brother and I had the mean, cold-hearted Potions professor as my adoptive father.

Smiling, I realized that I wouldn't have it any other way...except perhaps Sirius not being murdered. But I was happy with my life, I wasn't with the Deacon's anymore...

I wasn't even really a Deacon! I was a Black or perhaps even a Snape.

Lillith Snape. I rather liked the sound of that. My small smile turned quickly into a grin as I thought of all the friends I had made and it all started with Headmaster Dumbledore finding me on the street!