Chapter 51: The Tomb

Chapter 51

"Freedom!" I screamed, running around the house with my arms wide open.

"You're still not supposed to be running, Liz!" A worried and frustrated Michael ran after me.

I only managed to laugh gleefully, running outside and into the woods. "I'll meet you at the car in a hour! I want to get there tonight and surprise everyone!"

"Elizabeth!" He screamed in frustration.

_________________________

Mikayla's POV

"What are you doing today, Mikkie?" Cassie asked as we walked around the woods behind Alpha Williams house in South Dakota. Over the week, we'd moved in here, where we are going to school. Even the Alpha, Beta, and 3.I.C. were thinking about dropping out of their school to come here, too, which was surprising considering their families don't live here.

"Nothing really. Alpha gets off of bed rest today so she's supposed to be coming here tomorrow some time. I planned on cleaning up the place a little tonight so if she gets here before school ends, the place will look nice and neat, you know?" I shrugged.

"Yeah, totally. I can help if you'd like." Cassie offered.

"That'd be nice. Thanks, Cas." I smiled at her. Cassie and I had known each other since we were in diapers. We lived in the same pack, went to the same schools and even lived across the street from each other. We were best friends.

"Hey girls! Lunch is ready!" Drake yelled from the porch.

"Alright! We're coming!" Cassie hollered back.

We turned and walked towards the house.

"I can't wait until everyone gets here tomorrow. That means I get to see Mr. Sexy Pants." She sighed dreamily.

I laughed. "Mr. Sexy Pants? And who might that be?" We came into the house and walked into the kitchen.

"Why, the Beta of course. I mean, have you seen him? He is so to die for!" She squealed.

Everyone in the kitchen frozen. There were only a few people that stayed behind back in Wyoming. Drake, Drew, Sarah, Brandon, Jocelyn, Cassie and I were all here. Alpha, Beta, the 3.I.C., Ashley, and the lone wolf, Ben stayed until the Alpha gained a full recovery.

Drew and Drake cleared their throats and turned towards us with a hard expression. "We know you are new and all that but..." Drew started.

"...you must have at least picked up by now that Nick..." Drake added.

"...is off limits." Drew finished.

"Well of course he is, silly. He's the Beta. All Beta's are off limits, that's what makes it challenging." Cassie grinned.

Now before you get the wrong idea, no, she isn't a slut. Cassie was just the type of girl that flirted a lot and then broke it off before things got too serious.

"I don't think you understand, Cassie. You can't have Nick." Sarah explained slowly.

"And why not?" She challenged, placing her hands on her hips sassily.

"Here we go." I muttered under my breath.

"Because. He's. Off. Limits." Brandon gritted his teeth.

"Oh my god." Cassie gasped. "Is he gay?" She asked in horror. I face palmed myself.

"NO!" They all yelled at her as if she was stupid.

"That's a relief. So fair warning. I'm gonna have that juicy piece of beef." She grinned excitedly.

"You'll have to take that up with the Alpha." Drew grumbled to himself before everyone went back to what they were doing and ignoring us.