Chapter 24: My Past

Elizabeth Williams' POV
~~~

By now it was Friday night and all week Jace has looked depressed, huh, I wonder why. Oh well. Anyway, Nick and Michael are coming over for a bonfire tonight since my parents are on a business trip and Kate is spending the night at a friends house.

Anyway, right now we are sitting around the fire just chatting when suddenly Michael asks, "How did you shift Nick?"

"Oh, well umm. I was 14 and well, I was home alone and in my room watching TV when suddenly my head started to pound and everything in me stung like hell. Next thing I know, there's this huge light grey wolf looking back at me through my mirror. At first I was shocked, I was staring there staring at myself when I heard the front door open. I started to freak and I tried to turn human again. I ended up naked on my floor... and... my m-m-m-mom... she uh... kinda uh..." Nick stuttered, looking down at the ground. His whole face was scarlet and I tried to contain my laughter.

"Oh, spit it out Nick!" I said.

"She walked in on me." He said in a rush.

This time I burst out laughing. I continued that way until Nick asked a question I was hoping never to be asked.

"So, Liz. How did your first shift go?" He leaned forward in anticipation.

"Yeah, Liz! Come on! Nick told you his and well, you guys saw mine. Tell us! It cant be that bad!" His smile drops, worry filling his eyes. "Right?"

My laughter died. All the memories I had planned to forget came rushing back in a wave of pain and guilt.

***FLASHBACK***

I was walking through the woods with my best friend, Abby. We were taking a shortcut so it wouldn't take so long to get home. We really want to watch this new movie we rented called Twilight.

We were talking about her family vacation when all of the sudden, I fell to the ground, no longer able to support my body. I tried to ignore the pain and how it was spreading to every part of my body. I could hardly see Abby as she knelt down next to me, trying to help me.

I screamed in agony as the pain got worse and fur and claws slowly started coming out of my body. Once the pain was gone, I jumped forward on instinct I guess, but I wasn't in complete control of myself. I didn't know what I was. When I jumped, I landed right on something small and fragile, my claws sunk deep into it. I looked down only to find Abby under me and her blood on my claws. With a horrified bark, I jumped away from my dying best friend that I've known since I was a kid. I looked down at her and saw the sadness and loss in her eyes. Noticing my horrified and sad expression, Abby gave me a small weak smile.

Right before she died, she told me, "Elizabeth, I love you hun. I know you didn't mean for this to happen, but it did. Remember its not your fault and know matter what, you are the bestest friend anyone could have. Werewolf or not, you are strong-headed, stubborn, kind, caring, but most of all, a gracious leader. I can see it in your eyes...." She gasped for air and I whimpered. "You are just like him. He always loved you, ya know. Go home. We will meet again someday, when you've finally decided that this wasn't your fault. Don't trust anyone, and always... stay... faithful."

That's when I suddenly shifted back, fully clothed and ran over to her side. I fell to my knees sobbing over my 17 year old best friend. From that day on, I held on to her last words tightly, never forgetting them. I always couldn't help but wonder who "he" was. And how we were supposed to meet again if Abby was gone. Forever.

*******END OF FLASHBACK*******

"Liz? God, what'd I do? I'm so sorry." Michael panicked voice brought me back to reality, shaking me roughly. While Nick was holding both my hands, caressing soothing circles on them.

"I'm fine." I lied. "Michael, do you remember when we were fourteen? Do you remember my best friend, Ab..." I choked down a sob. "Abby?" I finally whispered. Sadness flooded his eyes.

"The 17 year old who you always hung out with? The one that d-" I cut him off, not wanting to hear the word come out of his mouth.

"Yes. Do you recall how she, you know." I questioned.

"Something that had to do with an attack in the woods." He muttered.

"Correct. That day was my fourteenth birthday. The first day I shifted." I looked down, fighting the tears that threatened to spill.

"W-What? You killed her?!" Nick stuttered accusingly.

"You think I did it on purpose?" I said, my eyes narrowing. Anger slowly boiled up inside me.

Liz, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to happen. I couldn't control when you would shift that day. Fawn whimpered.

I know Fawn, it just hurts. I whispered back.

"Elizabeth, look at me." Michael pleaded. I slowly looked up at him. "Tell me what happened." Painfully, I relived the memory as I sent it through our mind link.

Once the memory was over, they both looked at me with pity and grief. I got up from the log we had around the camp fire. "You two should go home, I'm gonna try to get some rest, ok? See ya." With that I walked off to my house, not waiting for them to reply.

*******

I was almost to my house when I saw an almost ghostly figure standing at the front door of my home.

"Izzy." Said a voice I knew all too well.

"Abby?" I called out. Then, looking at the figure, I realized it was Abby. I ran over to her, over joyed to see her.

"Oh, Izzy, I've missed you so much." Sadness laced her words and in her eyes.

"I'm sorry I never got to say it before. It was fault you were killed, I'm a monster." I sobbed.

"No, dear. I didn't die and you surely didn't kill me. I live."

"W-What?" I stuttered.

"Yes, I live with the man I told you about before."

"Who? Who are you talking about?" I asked.

"Your Father."

--------

Oooooooo! CLIFF HANGER! Sooooo, what'd ya think?

2-5 comments????

Thanks Guys! Love you!!!! 💚

Wolflover1618 (aka Emily or Em) ;D