Chapter 17: Hurt

Elizabeth Williams
~~~

Nick and I where putting our stuff in our lockers for lunch when Michael came walking up to me. Thankfully, we haven't seen Jace all day.

"Hey. You comin' or what?" Michael asked.

"Yeah. But I'm sitting at a different table today since... you know. Oh! And Nick is gonna sit by me today as well." I replied.

"I'm sitting by you too! Don't forget about me!" He whined.

"Of course you're sitting with us! I wouldn't have it any other way, Michael." I rolled my eyes.

I shut my locker and made my way to the cafeteria. Normally, I would have been the first one at the table, but guess who was sitting there?

"Well, where do you want to sit? Because I am not sitting there." I pointed over to where Jace was seated.

"Okay, how about that empty table on the other side of the room?" Michael suggested.

"Fine with me. Nick? You coming?"

"Yep. Right behind you guys." He smiled.

We quickly walked over to the table before anyone could take it or we risked being spotted. I sat down in a chair and both men sat on either side of me.

We ate, chatted, laughed, and enjoyed each others company until I saw someone walking over to our table.

As soon as Jace was in front if us, Michael and Nick were already on their feet, blocking me from him.

"What do you want? We don't want you here." Nick sneered.

"Liz doesn't want to see you. And neither do I." Michael added coldly.

"And to think we where best friends." Jace sighed.

"I only hung out with you because Liz asked me to. I was her best friend, never yours." Michael replied, disgusted.

"Liz? Whatever he told you, it's not true." Jace pleaded.

"That's bull shit and you know it, Jace! We never talk anymore and we never see each other. Go away. Face it, we are done. I'm done with you." I said harshly, while standing up.

"But-" Jace reached for me but Nick was there to grab him by the color if his shirt and push him away.

"She said go! Don't you get it? She just dumped you!" Nick yelled loud enough for the tables near us to hear.

"Don't ever touch her again. Or even speak to her!" Michael sounded really pissed off.

Jace quickly got up from the floor where Nick had pushed him and looked at me one last time before turning and walking back to his table.

I sighed in relief and sat down. For the rest of lunch we ate in silence.

*****************

School ended pretty well, I guess but I wasn't worried about school right now. I was almost home and thats when I can go out with Nick to show him around.

I quickly dropped my stuff off and ran into the woods. I shifted and ran towards the pond where we agreed we would meet at. Nick was already sitting there waiting for me when I got there.

I grinned and yipped. Nick! I screamed joyfully through my head.

Hey! So what are we going to do first?

Well... I guess we could introduce to the the wolf pack first. I said.

Yes! He howled gleefully.

I chuckled to myself. Follow me.

We ran all the way to Hunter and Chelsea's pack. I shifted mid-run and yelled, "Hunter, Chelsea! Come meet my friend!"

I turned to Nick and glared at him. He quickly shifted and went to my side. I then heard yips and barks from all over. Hunter came running to me with Chelsea at his side.

"Elizabeth!" They exclaimed, happily.

"Hey! Hunter, you remember Nick, right?"

"Of course." He nodded to Nick, who returned the gesture.

"Chelsea, this is Nick. We are the same. Both shape shifters. Only he can't talk to you like I can." I explained.

"I'm so happy for you! You've finally found someone who will fully understand you. Unlike your humans." She replied.

"I know! Isn't it exciting!" I squealed.

"Nick, this is Alpha Female, Chelsea." I told him.

He nodded to me before turning to her. "It's an honor. I mean no disrespect by this but, Elizabeth is my Alpha and I only do what she tells me to do." Nick confirmed.

I was staring at him in confusion before saying, "But I'm not an Alpha."

"Yes, you are!!!" The pack members around me yelled.

"Elizabeth. Sweetie. You've always acted like a leader, because you are. You just didn't realize it until now. Nick is a wise man to follow you." Chelsea added.

"I'm an Alpha?" I whispered, still in shock. Was I able to do this? Of course I could. It's just Nick and me. How hard could it be to control that?