Chapter 42: Visions

Chapter 42

"Wait... So you're telling me that I can see visions of the future?!?" I practically screamed in excitement.

"Yes." My Dad chuckled on the other end if the phone.

I felt tears of happiness well up in my eyes. I was going to have kids! And with the love of my life, Nicolas Griffin.

"If you're already starting to have visions, they'll start as dreams when you are sleeping. Then they'll grow stronger and will come to you randomly when you're awake." He continued.

I nodded, then remembered that he couldn't see me. "Okay." I said after a while.

"Oh and one more thing. When the visions get strong enough to come to you while you're awake, you'll feel like the world is turning dark. You'll only see pitch black until the vision appears. So don't panic about that. You're not going blind. You'll also feel like you're weightless."

I chuckled. "Anything else?"

"Yes. You won't see it but you're eyes will turn completely black. You won't hear anything that's going on around you until the words from the vision are spoken. You're voice will become deeper and sound much, much older."

"What do you mean by 'the words from the vision'?" I asked, confused.

I heard him take a deep breath. "When you have visions, asleep or awake, words will come out of your mouth whether you want them to or not. For example, say you had a vision of war and someone dying. The words you will speak might be 'Battle is coming. One will fall.' Something like that."

"So I won't know what I said last night since I was asleep?"

"Right. Unless someone heard you, you'll never know."

Okay, I couldn't accept that. Maybe Nick heard me. "And they could just pop up out of no where?"

"Yes. You won't know when they're coming."

"When will they start coming when I'm awake?" I hesitantly asked.

"I don't know. The book here says from maybe a couple of days to a week." I could practically see him shrug.

I still couldn't believe my Dad had an entire book on The Black Beauty. I mean, who knew that my great-great-great-great whatever grandmother was the first Black Beauty back in the 1500s. Apparently the book my Dad was looking at has been pasted down through the generations. It still amazes me how they managed to keep that thing together. It's over 800 years old and hasn't crumbled to dust yet.

Nick suddenly walked into my room. "We have to go." He mouthed. I sighed but nodded anyways.

"Alright, Dad. I have to go. Love ya."

"Love you, too, sweetie. Bye."

"Bye." I hung up and slid my phone into the back pocket of my jeans. "We're ready to go?"

"Yep." Nick nodded, coming closer and wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist as well and rested my head on his chest.

"Nick?" I mumbled, snuggling closer to his warm chest.

"Hmm?" He moaned in response.

"Last night when you woke up and found me crying, did-" I cleared my throat. "Did you hear me say anything?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah, but I didn't think it was you. I mean, it didn't sound like you. Your voice was all deep and wise. Like it held all the knowledge and wisdom in the world." He pulled away little so he could see my face.