Don't Forget About Me

Don't... Forget about me.

Don't forget about the hand you used to hold, in the beat down parking lot of that old church,

The down to earth brown eyes, That you used to stare back into,  With the pools of green drowning your insecurities and worries into.

The girl, That you used to ask in such hope that she'd text you in the morning, even if it were a simple ''Hi." 

Don't... Worry about me...

Don't worry how I'm doing, Because I'm fine.

Fine. F-I-N-E. Falling Into Nervous Empathy. 

And it hurts to say this. 

Don't Miss Me...

Don't miss the late night conversations, The ones we'd both think back to, Days on end.

Don't miss the socialization, Even though you don't realize how lucky you were to get me to drag myself away from self isolation within the depths of my bedroom.

Don't miss my lips. The ones you kissed ever so lovingly when you were out of things to say.

But if you need to forget me, I understand. 

If it makes you feel better, I'm getting through it. I'm coming to the straight fact that our parting is official.

Those eyes, Are to look at another human, Someone with more potential than I ever had.

That hand? Well our fingers have outgrown  the perfect locking position.

And that girl that you used to text every morning? Well, She doesn't text anyone- All day now.

And if it helps, I'll willingly admit that our life was what we could only identify as a living hell.

So If you need to forget me

If you want to forget me

and if you will forget me

Go right ahead.