Chapter 14: Caesar

Pina's Villa

Y/N POV:

An earthquake is happening in the Imperial Capital, though it's not catastrophic I see soldiers running around in panic like it's the end of the world. It's like these people never experienced an earthquake before. Calm and collected Itami, Suguwara, and I walk up to Pina who's comforting Hamilton.

Itami: Jeez this is a pretty big one isn't it. I mean I'd say it like a level 4 or 5 maybe.

Suguwara: Judging by the preliminary tremor, I'd say the epicenter isn't very close.

Y/N: Yeah, I think one like this hit California a while back.

Pina: Itami, L/N what's going on?!

Itami: What?

Pina: How can you both be so calm at a time like this?

Itami: Well uh...this magnitude of earthquake sorta happens to us all the time back home in Japan.

Y/N: Happens in America too, but it's not a common occurrence.

Itami: It'll be over before you know it.

The tremors eventually stop.

Itami: What'd I tell ya?

Itami: Tomita! Status update!

Tomita: Roger!

Y/N: Kuribayashi! Check on the women and see if they're okay!

Kuribaysahi: Roger!

Itami: Furuta, contact all units. I'm going to need a damage report.

After receiving damage reports from other units, we explain to Pina that there's going to be some aftershock.

Pina: There's going to be another one?!

Itami: Uh-huh. Y'see usually after an earthquake of that size, there's going to be what they call some aftershock.

Y/N: Shouldn't be too bad, but you might won't to stay away from things that could fall over.

Pina: We have to do something! I must inform my father! Gather our clothes. We're going to the Imperial Palace!

Itami: You ladies be careful.

Pina: What are you saying, you mean you're not coming with us?

Y/N: Princess, your dad's the Emperor and we're envoys from enemy nations.

Suguwara: Even if this is an emergency situation... I'm not sure it's a good idea enemy soldiers to just show up unannounced.

Pina place her hands on me and Itami's arm

Pina: You let me handle that. But please...I need you on this. I need you both at my side!

Pina gives us a pleading look and Itami, Suguwara, and I look at each other. Itami and Suguwara laugh nervously, I just shake my head in defeat.

Time Skip Imperial Place, Throne Room

Y/N POV:

We made our way to the Palace, along the way we saw some guards practically shitting themselves over the quake. Pina gets her father up, has us brought to the throne room. She gets the place organized for the visit. Itami and Suguwara are up front and I'm in the back with Tomita and Kuribayshi. Meeting an Emperor for the first time and I'm not in my Blues.

Kuribayashi: *whisper* Sir, why aren't you up front?

Y/N: *whisper* Japan has the lead on this one not the US. I'll just hang back with you and Tomita until the time is right.