Chapter 13: Banquet

Imperial Gardens

Y/N POV:

Princess Pina and the Japanese Foreign Affairs Minister Suguwara are throwing a party for pro-peace Imperial Senators and Nobles. Hopefully to show them that the Japanese don't want this war. I've been instructed to assist with this party and formally introduce The United States to The Empire. Itami and I move to the courtyard to brief 3rd Recon on our mission here.

Kuwawbara: Attention! *salutes* Officers present!

Oh, and Itami's wearing Imperial clothing and I'm still wearing my gear the whole unit's trying to hold back their laughter at how ridiculous he looks and I just have a huge grin on my face.

Kurata: *chuckles* You're lookin' good, sir!

Kurokawa: That outfit...

Kuribayashi: Just priceless.

Even Tomita is having difficulty holding back, we salute back at the Sergeant Major.

Kuwabara: It uh...it looks good on you.

Itami: I know when you're lying to me.

Y/N: *sarcastically* Oh no, you look great Itami.

Itami: And I know when you're being sarcastic L/N.

Kuwabara: Uh... well it at least it look like it fits.

Then a boy shows up from behind at points a Itami.

Boy: Hey, check out the biggest dork in the universe!

The boy's mother shows up and takes him away.

Mother: Honey stop it!

Boy: Huh? But look at him, how could you not laugh?

Mother: Hush!

Kuwabara: Sorry sir.

Y/N: He's not wrong.

Itami: L/N, how come you're not dressed up?

Y/N: Oh, I will be in my Dress Blues later, because I have to play "Ambassador" at that party.

Itami: I meant, why aren't you dressed like this?!

Y/N: Consider it payback for sticking me with the tab the other night, ya Blue Falcon!

Itami removes the hat and gives the briefing.

Itami: Listen up! Today's mission may not be the usual, but this is still very important. I except everyone to be alert and to do their job with purpose.

Kuwabara: *looks at watch* It's almost time.

Itami: Ok! They're coming people, everyone get to your post.

Y/N: You all know what to do. 3rd Recon fall out!

3rd Recon: Yes sir!

Everyone moves to their assignments as the guest begin arriving I grab my duffel bag and ruck and start making my way to the party. Personally I'd rather do the weapons demo but I got orders, and the US want to get it's foot in the door and I'm the only one on the ground.